Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/14/2013 12:46:16 PM EDT
Here's an old timey book you can easily click and read ---on something called 'range boilers', and the book goes into detail on constructing vertical and horizontal boilers [pg 147] for heating water to circulate and heat space.

See what you think in the sense of adapting the old techniques shown to modern implementation.

I'm interested in ideas for a very small multi-fuel boiler for external firing to heat a shipping container. About 30,000 BTU.

The book begins discussing 'waterbacks' for stoves.

Book circa 1899

Range Boilers

Or the PDF...

PDF ver

Link Posted: 12/14/2013 3:12:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I used an old car radiator, fire pit made blocks, and a shureflow pump to heat pool water.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 12:11:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Saved the pdf for some reading.  Have no clue on that concept since I never really ran into it.

With the free shipping some surplus places have been offering I ordered some heavy stuff recently.

One is a cute little woodstove for something like a canvas tent but would work for other stuff as well.

Another is a surplus heater that runs on all kinds of fuels, diesel and kerosene and gasoline and some other odds and ends.

I just always seem to look into heating with wood or propane or liquids that burn.  Gonna have to do some reading on heating water and using it.

Oldgrouch had some water tank type military surplus heaters a while back, don't know if he still has them.  They would run on various fuels and as much as I wanted one for  a proper redneck hottub I could not make myself order one in.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top