Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/14/2007 2:49:16 PM EDT
My brother is famous for having a heart of gold and infamous for wasting money. He just sent me what's described as a Level IIIA vest by a brand I've never heard of, "Redline Armor". The only thing I can Google up is some sites selling it and a shitload of eBay listing for it. I'm an armor noob so can anyone here offer any reviews on this brand?
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 3:32:42 PM EDT
[#1]
REDLINE ARMOR bullet proof vest

This vest uses Level IIIA (3)A Ballistic Technology made with DYNEEMA

THIS VEST IS U.S. MADE AND USES THE HIGHEST GRADE MATERIAL ON THE MARKET (DYNEEMA)
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 4:46:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Yup. So sayeth all their ads . But they don't have a homepage, I don't see any testimonials from individuals/agencies, there are no gun/survival rag writeups out there.... Just seems a little odd. I test and break people's software for a living - makes me want to avoid being somebody's "beta" if bullets are flying. Know what I mean?
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 5:14:29 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Yup. So sayeth all their ads . But they don't have a homepage, I don't see any testimonials from individuals/agencies, there are no gun/survival rag writeups out there.... Just seems a little odd. I test and break people's software for a living - makes me want to avoid being somebody's "beta" if bullets are flying. Know what I mean?

yea, you don't want to be "that guy" who discovers that it doesn't work well
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 5:30:51 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

yea, you don't want to be "that guy" who discovers that it doesn't work well

Yup, Armor with no company? No Reviews or even proof that it exists aside from a few ads? Well I guess everyone starts somewhere, but I would not want to be a guinea pig for them, get a vest and send it to Old Painless for testing! My Israeli (Marom Dolphin) vest cost less, is 100% Kevlar. My plates are Ceramic with spall guard, Wish I could have afforded a second one to test with! That is all I can find about the "Redline" armor. Shockingly not related to "Armor Holdings" like every other company is! Never heard of Redline until today. Ought to see if I can get a test vest... Will get back to you all in a bit, Shooting stuff is fun!
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 5:34:26 PM EDT
[#5]
You know, tons of respect for O_P but... um... why should he have all the fun? I mean, there's a gun club about 8 minutes down the road from me. And... um.... Wait here. Be right back.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 7:23:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Maybe it's designed for airsoft.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top