Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/14/2009 3:29:31 PM EDT
I found a copy of the Fourth edition General Class License Manual published by the ARRL in 2002.  Will studying this material allow me to pass the current General exam or has the material changed significantly in the past few years?  It specifically says that the question pool used in this manual are for the exams given until July 1, 2004.

Any thoughts?
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 4:07:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Use the manual and take online tests here: eHam practice tests or here: QRZ practice tests.  You'll be fine.  Good luck.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 4:25:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 4:56:53 PM EDT
[#3]
The question pool will give you every question and the correct answer. For your benefit, though, please at least buy one of the study manuals so you actually learn some material instead of simply memorizing the answers.

When I started my course for the General upgrade I told the students that if they were there to memorize the answers they were wasting their time and mine. Simply passing the test won't do much good without some knowledge to go with it imho.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top