Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 7/24/2013 9:59:05 AM EST
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 12:50:10 PM EST
My orpingtons started laying smaller eggs. As they got a little older the eggs got bigger.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 2:43:40 PM EST
It takes them a while to lay full szed eggs. They are laying "practice" eggs.

Leghorns are great layers. Smarter birds too.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 3:24:09 PM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By CLICKBANGBANG:

Leghorns are great layers. Smarter birds too
View Quote

Yes. The only drawback is they can be aggressive. I got a few along with a brown leghorn rooster. That bastard and I got into a few fights before I finally gave him back to the guy I got him from.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:07:18 PM EST
Originally Posted By C-4:

Yes. The only drawback is they can be aggressive. I got a few along with a brown leghorn rooster. That bastard and I got into a few fights before I finally gave him back to the guy I got him from.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Any rooster can be aggressive. Unscrew the broom handle and take it with you to the pen. Smack the shit out of him like he had a golf ball on his shoulders as soon as he does the sideways "I'm going to spur you" dance. Once or twice of this, and he'll stay away. I've trained a dozen cockerels this way.

The only rooster I have right now is a Austorlorp. He has been great. Jumps the girls and watches out for them.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 1:10:03 AM EST

Any rooster can be aggressive. Unscrew the broom handle and take it with you to the pen. Smack the shit out of him like he had a golf ball on his shoulders as soon as he does the sideways "I'm going to spur you" dance. Once or twice of this, and he'll stay away. I've trained a dozen cockerels this way.

The only rooster I have right now is a Austorlorp. He has been great. Jumps the girls and watches out for them.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

yeah..my amaracuna rooster does that. aint got ballsy enough to mess with us yet. but he sure likes to protects his girls and herds them into a corner if he knows something aint right and stands guard over them lol. but he'll run like a bitch sometimes lol he's only 5-6 months old.

we got our 1st egg last night, dunno which hen laid it, but it was small , we expect small ones untill the weather cools off and the hens get older.
Top Top