Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/18/2008 9:22:07 PM EDT
I've avoided buying a lot of perishable preps that need to be kept cool so I have extra frig / freezer room and was wondering what would be best to store to extend its shelf life. The nitro packed garden seeds I have say freezing them will help, and since they are expensive they are in the freezer. Some like to stock batteries. What else makes good sense to frig / freeze?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 4:45:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 7:04:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 7:11:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Instant adhesives and epoxy packs store well under refrigeration, vastly extending their shelf life after opening. Keep in ziplocks or vac-packs.

efxguy
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 8:09:41 AM EDT
[#4]
I have heard refrigerating vitamins will extend their shelf life.
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 8:11:01 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Bread yeast.

+1

Throw a couple of these in the freezer they'll be fine unopened for 10-15 years(up to 5 after being opened and on the shelf).

yeast
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 8:13:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Nearly anything that reacts/discharges/or will get weaker with age, cold usually slows the process down.

Medicines: but some don't like to be frozen, just cooled.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top