Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/15/2009 9:23:22 AM EDT
I am trying to figure out a way to spend some b-day money & am drawn on a "blowout/bleeder pouch" from HSGI.

Now my thought pocess is blocked by my gear whore mindset.  Although getting better & actually using rationalization more & more, I am torn to find the real need.

I would like to put one on my M1-MK2 & have the room, but I have an IFAK on my pack.  Now the "smaller size" (although the one I have is only yeah x yeah x yeah) is a plus, but the real cool thing that draws me is the "shears holder".

SO!  My question is this, what is the real purpose of a "blowout/bleeder" if you already have an IFAK?

Pathfinder
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:39:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Ok, so I take it by the lack of replies that either nobody knows or there is no differance.  So I will look for something else to buy.

Or maybe ask a more in-depth question about them & see if someone can answer it:

What are the most likely contents of a "blowout/bleeder pouch"?

Pathfinder
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:39:32 AM EDT
[#2]
YOU ALL MUST BE KIDDING!!!!!!

two days & 80 views & NOBODY can say what these things are for??  Does anyone here use the gear they have or do they just put it on once in awhile to "practice" for SHTF & play Army?

I'll run over to the expert boards where they use em' and ask...  Unless someone here really knows?

Pathfinder
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 12:01:29 PM EDT
[#3]
the lack of response COULD be the tone taken in your question...perhaps you can take the EMT shears out of the "cool" holder and cut your bunched and knotted panties off......
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 12:28:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Or, it could be that none of us have both a blow out kit and an IFAK to compare to.

I really hate people with the "Owed" mentality.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 12:52:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Could be the screwed up, broken-"English" used in the post, or maybe the excessive use of acronyms without a whole lot of context or even the shit ass "I'll click on this to see what this is about" lame subject that causes the lack of replies?  Nah!

No, it's obviously a conspiracy!  

Your "question" should have been your topic, at the very least, and the ramblings kept at the end of the post where the fact that they derail the thought process hurts it less.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 1:43:42 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Ok, so I take it by the lack of replies that either nobody knows or there is no differance. So I will look for something else to buy.

Or maybe ask a more in-depth question about them & see if someone can answer it:

What are the most likely contents of a "blowout/bleeder pouch"?

Pathfinder

well....

IMHO-

basic issue sds dbl m4 pouch..

1 cat

1 izzy

shears behind it.

and you dont drop 50$ on a pouch

sides that a basic oh shit i got extra holes in me...

CAT

Izzy dressing

gloves

tape

gauze

2x 4x4's

of ocurse you can go more, but thats basic.

My "BOK" on my line 2 runs as-

dbl m4-

Izzy/CAT/shears/clamp

larger pouch-

2x 4x4

NPA

celox

1x izzy

1x kerlix 4 yrds

1x tape

triangle bandage

2x chem lites

more kerlix

more tape

pain meds

twezzers

flash light

gloves

more meds

basic FAK crap

i also run old usgi combat dressings between  and in front of mags,and extra izzys  where i can stuff them.

saying please will get ya farther next time

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 3:12:49 PM EDT
[#7]
I have the Blow out pouch you are talking about on my chest rig. I can't remember the exact contents, but I am pretty sure that it contains:
4" Izzy
1.25" roll of kerlix
ab pad
2" pads
gloves
bandaids

I have a decompression needle inside my chest rig as well as an asherman chest seal.

I keep a full FAK on the outside of my pack for easy access. High speed gear as well.

I do not have any first aid on my first line belt. Someone could do a search for the thread I did on my FAK if they wanted to get a detailed component list.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 4:37:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Thaankyou Batmanacw & protus!!!!

The basic info I was asking about was given in a basic post  easy enough.  So, as I get it a blowout is for a "quick fix" until a better IFAK condition is available??  Kinda like first line & second line gear scenario.

To the rest who used more time & bandwidth to be jerks-  Thanks but your help is required elsewhere, like in the rear with the supply sgt who is as full of as much shit as you.

Pathfinder
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 4:39:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Or, it could be that none of us have both a blow out kit and an IFAK to compare to.

I really hate people with the "Owed" mentality.

Well that is exactly what I asked for...  What a blowout pouch is exactly for??  You don't need them both to answer the question.

Pathfinder
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 4:40:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Could be the screwed up, broken-"English" used in the post, or maybe the excessive use of acronyms without a whole lot of context or even the shit ass "I'll click on this to see what this is about" lame subject that causes the lack of replies?  Nah!

No, it's obviously a conspiracy!  

Your "question" should have been your topic, at the very least, and the ramblings kept at the end of the post where the fact that they derail the thought process hurts it less.

So because the "topic line" wasn't good enogh for "you" you refused to answer the question?  Are you F-ing serious?  ummmmm, dick.

Pathfinder
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 4:54:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Thaankyou Batmanacw & protus!!!!

The basic info I was asking about was given in a basic post  easy enough.  So, as I get it a blowout is for a "quick fix" until a better IFAK condition is available??  Kinda like first line & second line gear scenario.

To the rest who used more time & bandwidth to be jerks-  Thanks but your help is required elsewhere, like in the rear with the supply sgt who is as full of as much shit as you.

Pathfinder

Yes, the blow out pouch is an abbreviated kit to patch a hole quickly. If I get into a fight, I am not wearing my pack with my big FAK, so the little kit is to give me time to get patched up better later.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top