Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
12/6/2019 7:27:02 PM
Posted: 12/11/2013 2:37:55 PM EST
http://www.bcars.org/_media/uploads/bcars_haminday_n3kvl1113_3_.pdf

Fot those of you who are in the area and are either interested in getting your license or upgrading Bedford County Amateur Radio Society (www.bcars.org) is holding a "ham in a day" session this Saturday the 14th of Dec at the Bedford Cty Airport --see the attached PDF flyer for info.
ham in a day is a great way to get some instruction and take your test all in the same day and they have had a high degree of success in getting people licensed whereever that have been held all over the country. If you are within reach and are interested --make the effort to come out. I am going to finally test for my general or higher if possible. I have been studying (no really I have --I swear) and procrastinating for a year now and Piccolo finally goaded me into it........
Hope some of youze might make it !
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 2:47:05 PM EST
Pic-pressure is hard to resist

Good Luck, and make sure u cross-post in the PA HTF!

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 8:35:18 PM EST
I wish I would have known about this sooner, I would have studied up for the General exam. Then I looked at the calendar. That is the last day of deer season. Why would any organization schedule anything on that day?
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 11:19:55 PM EST
I woulda studied up for extra and got my victory steak at that Hosses between Bedford and Breezewood. :)

Good luck testers!
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 12:40:58 PM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By GLHX2112:
I wish I would have known about this sooner, I would have studied up for the General exam. Then I looked at the calendar. That is the last day of deer season. Why would any organization schedule anything on that day?
View Quote
I dont know --never occured to them I guess.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 12:44:52 PM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By GLHX2112:
View Quote

Yeah ummm..... have you seen the standard Ham? They have a hard enough time walking from the car to the restaurant. Walking to a tree stand or the like would be out of the question.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 4:43:42 PM EST
[Last Edit: 12/12/2013 4:46:33 PM EST by offctr]
They have been holding these about every two months so another will come around --plus ARRL has been sposoring these all over the country especially at hamfests so keep your ear to the ground in your local area and one may pop up.

"Yeah ummm..... have you seen the standard Ham? They have a hard enough time walking from the car to the restaurant. Walking to a tree stand or the like would be out of the question."

Have you seen the average gun owner at the range ? I never realized tactical gear came in 6XL.
Top Top