Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
1/22/2020 12:12:56 PM
Posted: 10/11/2007 4:44:53 PM EST
i dont no how well they will work but im leaving them up tonight cause its gonna rain i cant wait to see how they turn out in the morning. My guess is we though. I tried my best but they didnt look near as good as some other ones posted.

Link Posted: 10/11/2007 4:52:49 PM EST
Are we talking tarp and lean-to type?
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 11:17:06 AM EST
if you sleep in one of them you won't have to wait till morning to find out if it leaks ...
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 12:09:59 PM EST
I am surprized at how little the topic is broached in my "survival" text books or on forums. I mean, they say "build a shelter" but don't go into detail. WHat kind of knots should you use to lash limbs, how should you orient them, ect.

Back when I used to watch survivor I always found the shelter building part interesting. I wish I could find a source that dealt souly on that one topic, in detail.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 12:23:36 PM EST

Originally Posted By gitarmac:
I am surprized at how little the topic is broached in my "survival" text books or on forums. I mean, they say "build a shelter" but don't go into detail. WHat kind of knots should you use to lash limbs, how should you orient them, ect.

Back when I used to watch survivor I always found the shelter building part interesting. I wish I could find a source that dealt souly on that one topic, in detail.

theres a book that has a shelter building section its "THE SAS Escape, Evasion & Survival Manual by Barry Davies BEM show a different shelter for about every enviroment you could come across
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 2:10:53 PM EST
thanks! I'll have to check that out!
Top Top