Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
9/17/2020 5:59:48 PM
Posted: 4/19/2008 3:04:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/19/2008 3:22:57 PM EDT by TxAggieA-Batt]
I've been waiting for the water to warm up for weeks now so I could hit the water. I know most of you guys here understand and appreciate the outdoors so I thought it would be cool to share a few pictures from today.

ETA: Forgot to say where this was. This is a lake in Williamsburg, VA that I frequent.

Just a couple of shots from the kayak. This was the first time I was brave enough to take my camera with me.

Good amount of turtles out sunning themselves today. They spook pretty easily though so I couldn't get any great shots.
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 3:10:36 PM EDT
Looks like a good time, thanks for the pics.  Any idea what kind of turtles out of curiosity?
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 3:12:51 PM EDT
I use to run white water in raft, canoe or kayak back in the 80's and early 90's. It's probably one of the main things that I miss the most in life. You can't beat the excitement and beauty from being on or in the water.
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 3:26:08 PM EDT
No idea about the turtles, but they ranged in size from about 3-4 inches long to about a foot long.

I have only been kayaking in lakes, but would absolutely love to try one in whitewater sometimes. I have been rafting several times so I guess I should combine the two sometime!
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 3:49:27 PM EDT
Wow looks like fun.
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 4:33:28 PM EDT
Looks like you had a good day, thanks for sharing the pics.  It actually snowed in areas around Portland today.
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 5:42:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/19/2008 5:50:29 PM EDT by EPOCH96]
Awesome pics!!!

I really miss my Kayak.  I sold it when I moved to Dallas because I didn't have any room at the time.  The wild life you see while kayaking is amazing.  It's so silent you can just sneak up on anything.

You ever consider camping from your kayak?  It's an experience you've never forget.

My room mate in college use to rent one from the Aggie Rec. Center and I would take mine.  We would cruise the Brazo's or take a trip down to San Marcos.  Unfortunately, I lost those pics when my computer crashed.

Here's some when I took another good friend Canoe camping for 5 days down a deserted part of the Sabine River.  We didn't see a soul for 5 days and had a blast!  I was blown away how much gear we put in that canoe.  My partner brought everything but the kitchen sink, but we had tons of rooms so why not!

Day Five, river madness sets in...

Link Posted: 4/19/2008 5:58:20 PM EDT
Is that D creek res near toano ? If it is you might want to get up with the williamsburg kayak fishing association . I work up that way alot , I should be up there monday.

I went kayaking today too , I havnt got me pics up yet though. Maybe I can up load them in a few .
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 6:10:37 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Hawk_308:
Is that D creek res near toano ? If it is you might want to get up with the williamsburg kayak fishing association . I work up that way alot , I should be up there monday.

I went kayaking today too , I havnt got me pics up yet though. Maybe I can up load them in a few .

It's actually the lake in Waller Mill Park. Believe it or not I've never tried fishing from a kayak but I would like to try some fishing out of this lake sometime.
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 6:24:07 PM EDT
Meherrin river , paddled up stream then drifted back down

My navy

Me and my brother in law are planing a 100 mile kayaking trip down the nottoway , we hopfully are going to do a warm up run next weekend. Kayaking is apart of my plans if things got bad , The green shows why , the circles a my areas of operation , I can make a go of it with out much trouble in any of the circles . The red is the trip we are planing and the blue are areas that I know because I spend time there.

Link Posted: 4/19/2008 7:20:56 PM EDT
man that looks like a lot of fun.....not my usual type of kayaking but I really really want to do some lake touring or sea kayaking sometime.

This is what I'm used to....and yes I'm one of the people at the top

Link Posted: 4/19/2008 7:24:56 PM EDT
I thought this was the survival forum  , seems a little anti to me  

Pretty cool , where is that at?
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 7:26:30 PM EDT
How many times did you do the falls?
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 7:38:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/19/2008 7:42:46 PM EDT by K1rodeoboater]

Originally Posted By Hawk_308:
I thought this was the survival forum  , seems a little anti to me  

Pretty cool , where is that at?

Celstial Falls is the name IIRC.  I think it's on the White River in Oregon

....and I never said I was sane , I've done bigger too.  After all whats the point in living if you don't get a taste of pushing the edge and being near to death.  Maybe that explains why I'm choosing the Corps over the Army .  

Originally Posted By Surf:
How many times did you do the falls?

1 time....it's not legal to do....we poached it when the ranger wasn't there.
Top Top