Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
1/16/2020 9:48:49 PM
Posted: 9/13/2009 5:48:38 PM EST
Aside from your typical bail out bag, does anyone else use a vest solution in addition to the bag? I was looking at the Omega Elite vest and it seems you can pack it with a lot of stuff freeing up bag space while positioning ammo in easily accessible places...

6 AR mags, 4 pistol mags, BUG crossdraw holster, and a misc pouch...

thoughts?
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 5:53:20 PM EST
I have a 5.11 vest for that .
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 5:54:54 PM EST
+1 on the vest i have two vest set up along with my b.o.b. ......i think everyone should have one vest set up ready to go. theres alot of different places people can buy a vest. mine happens to be my tactical vest from work. 8 ar mags, 4 pistol mags and survival knife.
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 1:22:00 AM EST
i have aTT modularvest that holds 6x rifle mags, bladder, and odd's end...if i gotta grab and fight i'll throw ona more hsld setup than that. but it does work!
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 3:07:04 AM EST
I have several diffrent ARKTIS rigs depending on what weapon and terrain I am going to be in.
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 3:59:54 AM EST
I am still depending on an old Y suspender belt rig. My BOB fits over it just fine, and I can carry 12 30 round mags for the AR. On the set up I have for my M1A, the load is 8 20 round mags.
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 4:01:42 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/14/2009 4:03:00 AM EST by 1IV]
Concealable shingle by Tac taylor. 3 rifle mags 2 pistol, and a dump pouch for shot shells.
It can go over my soft vest, and be zipped up over by a jacket.
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 3:12:58 PM EST
BHI Omega VI here. and yes, you can carry a LOT of stuff in one. I like how it distributes the load, much easier on my bad back.

Ops
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 3:50:31 PM EST
I have a Cabela's safari vest which will hold a ton of stuff. I used it a few times at the range, for hiking etc. Been thinking of making into a grab and go type thing. Not sure I could carry it if I filled up all the pockets though.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 3:52:39 AM EST
Remember this about vests: lower than your belt line makes it impossible to run. Umpteen years ago I bought a hunting vest from Eagle Industries when no-one made vests. It has survived at least 15 years of harsh jungle use carrying 50rds of shotshells and essential survival/hunting gear and spent days submerged in swamps. After I broke my back the first time I lashed it tighter for back support. 'Survive with what's in your vest, live with what's in your pack'. Best damned money I ever spent.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 6:56:57 AM EST
'Survive with what's in your vest, live with what's in your pack'.

That's the reason I have mine. Just in case I'm seperated from my pack.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 11:47:30 AM EST
I had thought it reasonable to simple pick up a side by side double pouch (total of 4 AR15 mags) and just clip it on to the belt of my get home bag or my waist belt. I'm not sure I'd ever purposely be going to battle, and I'm not certain what the utility of a chest rig is otherwise.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 12:56:30 PM EST
ARKTIS look it up on EBAY
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 2:23:36 PM EST
Does anyone have a Buttpack or drop leg holster[s] as part of their gear?
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 2:28:49 PM EST
Vest are hot as hell! I like chest rigs over BA.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 2:40:25 PM EST
Originally Posted By Darkninja:

I have a drop leg holster for the 1911 and a drop leg that holds 4 AR mags, I haven't practiced with a rig or vest much, but I feel like I can grab both a little faster on the thigh rigs.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 10:21:20 PM EST
I have a plate carrier / soft armor vest, but for a supplement to a BOB I would lean more toward a chest rig for light weight and mobility reasons
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 1:16:18 AM EST
also have a molle/plate vest/carrier...cant remember the brand but i had it for grabs while i was a LEO...got mags on it, a ersatz stove, quick clot, water purifier, batteries, more first aid, map, poncho, two lights, and some small important camping gear....
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 2:29:17 AM EST

yes and yes...depends on my rig ( i have 4)
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 9:23:07 AM EST
Originally Posted By GAZ32:

I have a drop leg holster for the 1911 and a drop leg that holds 4 AR mags, I haven't practiced with a rig or vest much, but I feel like I can grab both a little faster on the thigh rigs.

Try grabbing a mag out of a drop while you're moving fast, not very easy....
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 12:24:14 PM EST
Originally Posted By PolyTechKID:

I don't plan on running away shooting

Excellent point though, I do have a small eagle chest rig that holds an additional 4 mags that I need to get some time in with. As far as standing behind cover, or moving slowly the drop leg works great for me.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 1:07:11 PM EST
Originally Posted By PolyTechKID:

I would have a drop leg, vest and buttpack.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 2:49:01 AM EST
This what I have more low profile than a chest rig.

http://www.lapolicegear.com/5tave.html
Top Top