Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/17/2007 1:26:20 PM EDT
These are excellent videos dealing with the effects of a Nuclear Weapon (Heat, Blast, and Fallout).  

These videos discuss the effects on the human body, on common building materials, and various shelters used to survive.

Check them out and the information could save your lives.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vdzyqQIEAI&mode=related&search=

www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPnMOZn7v20&mode=related&search=

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oa2jNFieGGw&mode=related&search=
Link Posted: 4/17/2007 3:17:18 PM EDT
[#1]
No comments?  
Link Posted: 4/17/2007 5:04:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Interesting stuff.  I live near Hanforsd nuclear facility, 20-30 miles away.  Granted we don't make nuclear material anymore, but that doesn't mean someone won't try to nuke the shit out of it, and the "technical capability" read population, of our cities.  As it stands right now, that's not a likely possibility, but this is still a sobering video.  I like that thay made people actually do the things in those manuals.  And can you imagine being those poor bastards in that trench?  WOW!  It makes me wonder what kind of pamphlets we have here in the states, and if they are worth a shit.  Guess i better start digging.....

jim
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 12:27:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah,

Well, I've been looking to start amassing the materials that I'll need to build my very own NBC fallout shelter, but in the mean time until I have it built it is nice to look at the other alternatives and what they'll entail.  

I loved the little tips about white washing the windows to block up to 80% of the heat...pretty impressive.  

Having to remove all combustable materials from the home.

The practical distance that they gave for a one-megaton explosion and its effects of heat and blast out to so many mile rings on the map was great as well.

I've seen a lot of 50s civil defense videos and of course the movies "The Day After" and "Threads," but this set of videos is by far the most imformative.  

Imagine being in that trench and puking and having to go to the bathroom only inches away from you for two weeks...yuck.  Have to do what you have to do to survive though.

I also loved that part about how the one brick shelter would help them survive for an extra 15 seconds.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 12:29:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Has anyone located any other good youtube or other videos on the subject of nuclear war?

I would love to see a video on EMP.  
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 12:46:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Unless you have a radiation detector, it'd be virtually impossible to know when to duck and cover down wind of a distant detonation - and who is going to have the mental discipline to hide out in a shelter for 2 or 3 weeks on the belief that there is a dead dose of rads laying around top side? Especially when everyone ELSE is running around looting food and plasma screen tvs
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 2:24:07 PM EDT
[#6]
My plan is to shelter as soon as there is evidence of any nuclear explosion and after 48 hours listen to the radio for reports and news.  

I agree that a radiation dosimeter is important to have on hand, but I don't intend to stand around taking readings when there has been a nuclear attack.

I'd rather risk looting and property damage over radiation sickness or dieing from the heat or blast of a nuclear weapon.

Link Posted: 4/19/2007 2:27:11 PM EDT
[#7]
I've been looking at www.americanbombshelter.com/bomb-fallout-shelter-kit.htm where they sell a bomb-fallout shelter kit.  

I just emailed the company asking about pricing and availability.

I'm thinking of going concrete so that I can spread out the cost a little over having to pay for everything with a prefab shelter in one shot.

Link Posted: 4/19/2007 3:42:41 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Yeah,

Well, I've been looking to start amassing the materials that I'll need to build my very own NBC fallout shelter, but in the mean time until I have it built it is nice to look at the other alternatives and what they'll entail.  

I loved the little tips about white washing the windows to block up to 80% of the heat...pretty impressive.  

Having to remove all combustable materials from the home.

The practical distance that they gave for a one-megaton explosion and its effects of heat and blast out to so many mile rings on the map was great as well.

I've seen a lot of 50s civil defense videos and of course the movies "The Day After" and "Threads," but this set of videos is by far the most imformative.  

Imagine being in that trench and puking and having to go to the bathroom only inches away from you for two weeks...yuck.  Have to do what you have to do to survive though.

I also loved that part about how the one brick shelter would help them survive for an extra 15 seconds.

I think that is the only thing to do. I said it in another thread, that plastic and duct tape over a window is feel good crap or busy work. This also shows the over pressure will be so great that little will withstand it.

It also makes me wonder why the U.S. Gooberment, who has become the most hated in the world, does not put out a video like this? Oh wait, I guess they did sort of, it is the duct tape and plastic bunker pamphlet. One thing is for certain, whoever uses the gooberments methods will not be around to file any law suits against them for putting out false info.

I truly believe we are living in the most dangerous times in modern history. During the cold war, nukes were limited to just a handful of button pushers, and we knew who they were. Today that handful has grown to numbers I doubt anyone can HONESTLY calculate let alone name who they are.

I also believe the threat is so real that the government is going in the opposite direction with the whole thing. They say the cold war is over and we won, so now we do not need bunkers like we did in the 60's when in fact I believe the opposite is true. We need them more than ever. If the real truth, as I believe it to be, ever got out, what would the sheep be saying? Can you imagine the cost of a new CIVIL DEFENSE today?

The people would be screaming for the government to protect them, and who pays for that? Now, it is much easier to keep the sheep in the dark to everything. Just keep telling them we won, but just incase, get some plastic and duct tape, and tell them to SHELTER IN PLACE, and they will be fine.

Back when only a few had nukes, and we had a more honest media, it was impossible to keep the danger a secret about Russia. Now, the sheep believe the real danger has past with the cold war over with, if it really is over.

When I see plastic and duct tape going up over the windows of the White House, only then will I believe it to be an honest way to protect my family. Until then, we are going underground in our concrete dome bunker.

In the coming days, weeks, months, and years, we and our families will live and die with the choices we make today.

Link Posted: 4/19/2007 5:44:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Interesting. I liked the hand crank air filtration pump. Cranking that sucker 15 minutes every hour for weeks would suck some serious ass, but it beats the alternative.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top