Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 6/11/2009 7:05:06 PM EST
I have come across 3 different adapter kits for MFCs. They replace the cap and are either suction, gravity feed, or both. Before doing much research I purchased one like this but I have since found this list and I'm assuming this is a suction model since it has the tubes but they are calling it gravity feed.

I have several generators and mutiple properties and business locations that need power during outages. My plan is to put a tee in the fuel line of the generator and have one of these for each generator/device I need to fuel. It would be nice just to use a quick connect instead of refilling everytime, no pouring, no risk of spillage on a hot exhaust, plus I just think its cool.

Has anyone ever used any of the above listed adapters?
Which one would be ideal for my situation?
I'm assuming the gravity feed requires the can to be inverted which isn't exactly convenient?
How does the combination unit do both gravity and suction?

Please advise.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 4:25:42 AM EST
why dont you just get a larger tank for your genset?
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 5:52:51 AM EST
Originally Posted By Badlatitude:
why dont you just get a larger tank for your genset?

Because I have 6 or 7 generators and the point is to not have to pour/fill tanks. I could just swap out the MFC and be on my way or I can tell someone else all they have to do is use the quick connect to switch out a 5 gallon tank.

Grove

Link Posted: 6/13/2009 9:26:14 AM EST
I'm more interested in where I can find a few more red scepter MFCs.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 4:15:28 PM EST
OST
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 5:09:47 PM EST
Here

But then we must SMUGGLE them as if they were Cocaine into the united states.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 8:18:51 PM EST
Originally Posted By DanishM1Garand:
Here

Anybody tried to order one of these? Any luck getting it straight through??
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 1:07:31 AM EST
Originally Posted By Grove:
I have come across 3 different adapter kits for MFCs. They replace the cap and are either suction, gravity feed, or both. Before doing much research I purchased one like this but I have since found this list and I'm assuming this is a suction model since it has the tubes but they are calling it gravity feed.

I have several generators and mutiple properties and business locations that need power during outages. My plan is to put a tee in the fuel line of the generator and have one of these for each generator/device I need to fuel. It would be nice just to use a quick connect instead of refilling everytime, no pouring, no risk of spillage on a hot exhaust, plus I just think its cool.

I'm assuming the gravity feed requires the can to be inverted which isn't exactly convenient?

Please advise.

That is not a suction model, the one with the tube. It is a gravity feed.

That tube screws in the cap and is a VENT so when the can is upside down, air can get into the can. Since the tube is so long, it will be above the fuel when the can is turned upside down so fuel can not leak out.

If you keep sucking fuel out, and not replace it with air, you will create a vacuum in the can. Air has to get in some how as you suck out fuel.

If the can is upside down, it has to have a leak proof cap, so how would air get inside?

These are a good cap and used on heaters that burned diesel. They also have a nice stand that holds the 5 gallon can upside down.

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 11:38:26 AM EST
Originally Posted By wildkard-jf:
Originally Posted By DanishM1Garand:
Here

Anybody tried to order one of these? Any luck getting it straight through??

They WILL NOT ship to the USA.

Fucking CARB EPA cockbite mother fuckers.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 7:12:37 PM EST
Originally Posted By 1_BIG_BUNKER:
Originally Posted By Grove:

Please advise.

That is not a suction model, the one with the tube. It is a gravity feed.

That tube screws in the cap and is a VENT so when the can is upside down, air can get into the can. Since the tube is so long, it will be above the fuel when the can is turned upside down so fuel can not leak out.

If you keep sucking fuel out, and not replace it with air, you will create a vacuum in the can. Air has to get in some how as you suck out fuel.

If the can is upside down, it has to have a leak proof cap, so how would air get inside? The one I ordered has a 1 way check valve

These are a good cap and used on heaters that burned diesel. They also have a nice stand that holds the 5 gallon can upside down.

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 7:46:02 PM EST
Something nice about the Sceptre caps is they are fairly thick.

They could likely be drilled and tapped for 1/8 or 1/4 NPT fittings so you could make any kind of adapter you want.
Top Top