Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/26/2018 11:49:36 AM EDT
I am staying at a Airbnb house in the Santa Susana Mountains area of N/W Los Angeles County.   I made this video late at night to capture the sound of something making a very loud noise about every 10 seconds.   It is on the roof of a vacant 2-story house next door, or the surrounding trees which are in the 30ft tall range.  I have heard loud owls in this same area before (Unknown which type, but sounds like "Hooooooo.  Hoo hoo."  Typical owl sound).   I'm wondering if this is a baby owl?  In the background, you can hear another bird (Owl?) screeching.   Maybe answering?    The noise can go on for hours, but it does move around within a 50yd radius of the house.  In person, it is very loud and almost sounds like some sort of pressure or blow-off valve.  One night it was on the roof of the house I am staying in, by the chimney.  The sound of it walking around leads me to believe that it is quite heavy, much more than a crow.

"Unlisted" video link
https://youtu.be/jzyXB9M5UVg

I have listened to various owl-sound videos on YouTube, but could not find a match.    Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 12:04:44 PM EDT
[#1]
That’s a very human sound.
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 12:52:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That’s a very human sound.
View Quote
This would be my guess.
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 1:57:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Squatch.
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 3:20:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Squatch or human weirdo, once you’re lured out to “look around”, it’s going to buttrape you. Whatever it is, those are buttrapist sounds for sure.
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 3:28:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Young owl, just as a guess.
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 5:17:28 PM EDT
[#6]
you have roof deer
Link Posted: 10/3/2018 12:51:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Dogmanbigmothsqautchfeets....

Your already dead.......
Link Posted: 10/3/2018 1:41:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Your already dead.......
View Quote
*You're

@Protus
Link Posted: 10/3/2018 4:48:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
*You're

@Protus
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your already dead.......
*You're

@Protus
Grammer natzeeeeee.. lol
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top