Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/23/2011 10:37:26 PM EDT
[#1]
*Update*

With the exception of how low the upper load stabilizers were attached I love this pack.

So, I took another look at the main pack and started fooling around with it some more.
What I discovered is that the Upper load stabilizers are sewn onto the back about two inched below the top but the strap is also attached to the top.

I cut the stitching to release the strap and allow it to run directly to the top.

Now when I tighten the upper load stabilizers it correctly takes the weight off the top of my shoulders and holds the pack tighter against my back....

Link Posted: 7/23/2011 11:14:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I have experience with is pack and I am 602.  You have to adjust the shoulder straps so the pack is high and tight.  If I had to do it all over again I would have went with a Bora 80.
Link Posted: 7/24/2011 1:18:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Let me reiterate my previous post.  The Corps has surplussed these packs because they did not interface well with Corps-issued body armor.

That said, if I was not wearing armor, these packs seem like a very good alternative.  I've examined them, and they are well-made.

As things are, I will probably stick to my MOLLE I pack (seperate main bag and sleeping gear carrier) with the latest version of the frame which is specifically designed to be stronger/more durable and work with commonly issued body armor.

FWIW, the Corps was testing various packs, and the MOLLE II pack (with upgraded frame) was included in the tests.  Dunno how the tests came out.

The ILBE is still issued and is the standard issue pack, it will be replaced in future by a MOLLE 2 pack derivative when money is available.  What most people are buying are the ton of DRMOd gen 1 ILBE.  They were were DRMOd out as part of the standard life cycle replacement.
Link Posted: 7/24/2011 12:32:33 PM EDT
[#4]
I am 6'3" with an unhumanly long torso.  It is damn near impossible for me to find a pack with a long enough suspension to fit my back.  The ILBE pack I bought FITS!!!  I was able to extend the suspension and it fits like it was made for me.  It is possible I ended up with one of the previously mentioned "tall" models but mine fits great.
Link Posted: 7/24/2011 2:12:18 PM EDT
[#5]
I bought a ILBE recently myself   I love it.  only problem is it can hold so much stuff I cant lift it, so I got to be careful how much I put in it
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top