Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/20/2008 1:38:43 PM EDT
Anyone have a good recipe for cooking trout?  Going camping all week next week and plan to do some fishing.  Haven't been fishing in about 15 odd years and last time I caught anything I was 13 and didn't cook so I am in need of some help.  Just looking for some good and interesting ways to cook it up.  Any thoughts about using wild berries in the prep?  Should have plenty around where we are going.
Thanks,

SF
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 3:07:41 PM EDT
[#1]
if you are actually hungry - good old salt and pepper will do the trick! Wrap it in foil, move your fire over, bury it in the coals and cover it - takes a bit, but it's worth it. Toss in some minced onions, some dried dill, some butter inside and to fry it in a pan....just got one yesterday while salmon fishing, so it's going on the grill tonight.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:56:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Just gut the fish (leave head on) put a little butter and lemon , salt and pepper, seal it in  foil and chuck it in the fire for a few mins !

When the skin peels back like paper it is done .......eat !
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 3:29:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Season some flour (salt & pepper), dredge the fish & fry in oil or butter.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 8:52:31 AM EDT
[#4]
If you want to take some stuff with you I can offer you my standard recipe.

Add 2-3 shots of Gran Marnier to 1 pound of butter and whip

Bring along a cup of fine flour, salt, pepper, sliced almonds and an orange.

Once the fish is cleaned, simply using the moisture on the fish (water will suffice) put the fish into the flour and lightly coat.

Melt the butter in a pan over medium heat (do not burn) and add the almonds.

Cook the fish until tender and finish with the juice from half the orange.

Quick, simple and delicious.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top