Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/2/2009 4:06:11 PM EDT
Hi all,

This headlamp is one that I use constantly, and figure others could use as well. It is definitely a user's lamp, and works well for those who will use it. You could put it in a BOB, but it would depend on your bag and plans. I will be posting a review of my designated BOB headlamp in a couple weeks. For now, check this one out. Let me know if you have questions or comments.

Any-Cal
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 4:40:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Good plug/review for an outstanding headlamp. If you have no need of red light and do not want to run Cr123s, this light is one of the best. For a 3 AAA lamp, far better than the TIkka series at a similar (if not lower) price. I ended up buying the EOS after cracking two of the Tikkas.

They are also made OD green w/ woodland elastic band.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 5:47:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Sounds like a plug don't it? I really like that light. I have worn it for hours when doing things that required it, and at times just forgot I was wearing it. It seems to be perfect for rechargeable batts. I wear it backpacking and keep it on low, so I can see what I am doing without blinding others or loosing too much night vision. That and the Surefire E1B are what I take on backpacking trips, and they seem to complement each other well. The headlamp lights my immediate surroundings, and the E1B lights up the distance and the deep woods.

Interesting you mention the Tikka, that is my BOB light. It is a good light, but in a totally different class than the EOS.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 6:42:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Not sure what kind of hiking you are doing that the EOS on high does not have enough throw for you. While backpacking, an ARC AAA single led light is often all I take.

Link Posted: 5/2/2009 7:06:02 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't usually hike at night. I wear the headlamp when in camp, and only use it on low. I will run it on medium if walking too late, but try to be in camp by dark. I hate fumbling with the headlamp when I want to see farther in front of me, so carry the Surefire. The Surefire is also easier to use at 0 dark thirty than fumbling with the headlamp. The EOS would be fine by itself in slightly different circumstances.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top