Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/17/2009 3:53:24 PM EDT
I'm looking at putting a digital scanner in my car for SHTF situations, for instance knowing what roads are blocked off and which aren't in case I need to bug out to the boonies.  Does anybody know if the GRE PSR-600 Scanner is any account?  

I'd like something that can pick up 'trunked radio' channels and that sort of thing since all the agencies, LEO and otherwise in my area have moved from analog to digital communications.  Any recommendations for a scanner under $200 that can be mounted on a dashboard would be welcome.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 4:13:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I'd like something that can pick up 'trunked radio' channels and that sort of thing since all the agencies, LEO and otherwise in my area have moved from analog to digital communications.  Any recommendations for a scanner under $200 that can be mounted on a dashboard would be welcome.

you need to read this thread first:
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=10&f=22&t=626929

then come back here and tell us what type(s) of systems your local public safety folks use.  only then can folks help you select a scanner.  this is a cart vs horse deal, and you can't get it backwards.

ar-jedi

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 4:44:23 PM EDT
[#2]
My apologies, thanks for the guidance as I only skimmed over that thread.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 7:26:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
My apologies, thanks for the guidance as I only skimmed over that thread.

I started this one a few weeks ago and it is all about mobile scanners - good info.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=10&f=22&t=627369
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top