Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/21/2017 11:10:31 PM EDT
If you don't know about this event,

"Field Day is an annual emergency preparedness exercise that allows ham radio operators to test their emergency skills. The event also serves to raise awareness about the Amateur Radio Service. The goal is to simulate emergency conditions by setting up “in the field” and operating amateur radio equipment while using emergency power in order to make contact with as many other Field Day stations as possible."

Look up your local Ham Radio club and attend the event as it is open to all.  Its a lot of fun and you will also learn a lot!
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 11:50:22 PM EDT
[#1]
http://www.arrl.org/field-day-locator

this one doesn't have all the stations, but it may help find one locally
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 11:50:43 PM EDT
[#2]
73!!!!
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 11:51:20 PM EDT
[#3]
73!!!!
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 8:47:59 AM EDT
[#4]
73 and thanks for the Field Locator link.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 12:19:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
If you don't know about this event,

"Field Day is an annual emergency preparedness exercise that allows ham radio operators to test their emergency skills. The event also serves to raise awareness about the Amateur Radio Service. The goal is to simulate emergency conditions by setting up “in the field” and operating amateur radio equipment while using emergency power in order to make contact with as many other Field Day stations as possible."

Look up your local Ham Radio club and attend the event as it is open to all.  Its a lot of fun and you will also learn a lot!
View Quote

Thank you.  I will attend mine.  I have my license but just can't figure out how to get started.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 12:32:26 AM EDT
[#6]
CQ ARFCOM!
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 6:36:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 8:41:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Here is a link to my Field Day Podcast Episode from Last Year 2016 FD if anyone is interested.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top