Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Site Notices
4/18/2021 9:59:29 PM
Posted: 10/4/2012 12:53:35 PM EDT
I reluctantly zipped my pants back up after having to take one of those frustrating pisses during prime morning hunting time...  Capping the bottle back up I sat back down in my $5.99 tripod chair and settled in for a few more hours of morning hunting.  Okay, so it wasn't prime time, it was already 8:45 and with the warm weather most of the deer weren't mobile much past dawn.  Another morning spent in the blind that will leave me with nothing more to show for it than a hemorrhoid or two.  Oh well, at least I got to show my girlfriend our property and maybe I didn't set my blind up in a bad spot, maybe it's just the heat that kept any deer from moving through during shooting hours?

Laying my PSE Brute X back across my lap I fought off the urge to just pack it in for the morning and go back to camp.  A little noise off to my right... oh yeah, another fucking squirrel dicking with my emotions or a grouse or.. hell  who knows what.  Probably some asshole coyote that ate the fawn three years ago I would have already had down this year.

But it's not a squirrel... or a grouse.  I hear hooves!  Lord above there are deer in these woods!  Slowly shifting my eyes to the right I caught the faintest glimpse of movement through the trees.  Being right handed I didn't bother to cut myself a shooting lane to the right and instead chose to leave it mostly covered.

Slowly turning my head to get the full picture I caught a head flash up from a small opening in the brush.  Looks to be a doe.  Hopefully soon to be a dead doe.  Moments later she stepped forward into better view.  Dark brown, not very big, and young.  Damn... not exactly a shooter in most people's books but something I would take this year.

I watched her inch forward, right down the path I thought they would be heading down in the morning.  Then I saw it... light brown body, almost gray...  Big, broad barrel chest... that has to be a buck... looks to be old too, and big.  Yeah, he was big alright.  I finally caught a glimpse of his rack.  Very narrow, maybe 17" tops, but tall as fuck.  Tallest I have ever seen and certainly the tallest I would have ever harvested as I've never shot a buck with a bow yet and he's making his way directly into my shooting lane.  The tall 10 everyone was talking about in our area.  We knew they were seeing him in the morning crossing from our neighbors land across the street to our property, right in the area this path originates from.

I order my girlfriend to not move a muscle.  She's tucked in out of sight until he hits the clearing so as long as she makes no noise she's good to go.  I watched him slowly inch forward.  A step here, 20 seconds later a step there.  Taking all the time in the world to antler fuck a bush or two on the way, picking around at the ground, sniffing the air.

Again, not at all nervous, just in no hurry.  I sit anxiously on the edge of my seat not moving a muscle, playing everything out in my head.  Keep a loose grip, anchor at the cheek, thumb against the neck, center the peep... don't screw this up.

Ten minutes pass and they are still picking around right at the edge of the clearing.  Any minute now they are going to cross to go bed down and I'm going to fill that bastards lungs blood as I send my Muzzy expandable broadhead through him broadside.

Fifteen minutes pass... shit, maybe they plan on bedding down right there?  They haven't laid down yet but they are still just p... what the fuck?

No!  Don't turn that way!  You stupid asshole deer!  NO!!!  Don't follow her!  She's a harlot!  Turn around you dick and get the hell in my shooting lane!

Then they were gone... just walked away like they made a last minute decision to catch some McDonalds before bed.  The end.
Link Posted: 10/4/2012 1:51:53 PM EDT
good story
Link Posted: 10/4/2012 2:26:02 PM EDT
nice story.

i liked the "She's a harlot!" line the best.
Link Posted: 10/4/2012 3:34:38 PM EDT
Quoted:
nice story.

i liked the "She's a harlot!" line the best.

Funny!
Most men would!
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 2:28:50 PM EDT
Top Top