BCM
Durkin Tactical Franklin Armory
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 9
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 3:45:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: sharkman6] [#1]
Thanks everybody, and thanks for sticking with it for over two years.

I took some vacation right after posting the last chapter, then came back to see the country on fire.  Tonight I got to listen to Seattle's Mayor promise to do everything in her power to protect property.  This speech was promptly followed by widespread looting that went largely unchecked.  I didn't see any Mods or other mutants in the mobs, but the year isn't over yet.

I'll try to answer any and all questions posted so far.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 3:55:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JoshAston:
When will the rest be available on Amazon?
View Quote

"The rest," will consist of only two (maybe three) more chapters that I slide into the middle of the story.  These will cover character development of Nicky-Lee, and detail out a skirmish between Cora and Jimmy.   I skipped these to keep the story rolling along.  Unlike previous efforts, I'm not giving you 80% of the story for free and expecting you to buy the ending.  The ending is above.  If you were holding a paper copy of the book in your hands, the last three lines of that book would be the last three lines above.

My plan to publish it is this:  write the few missing chapters, review the whole thing one more time, then post it to Amazon.  Hopefully I can get this all done by the end of summer.  June is going to be a wash for me as far a writing goes though.  I've got other professional commitments during that month.

Link Posted: 5/31/2020 4:02:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By DFARM:
The chief Marshall's speach was a little reminiscent of chosen speaking to the council in "last March".

Spouting off a bunch of bullshit to people who drink it up and ask for seconds.

I hope the trash gets taken out of the emerald city in the next one.

The next book will go just as I set it up in the last chapter.  The full weight of the Chief Marshal's unholy alliance on a collision course with whoever is in Jefferson

OP, what's next on the schedule?  Book 3 of this or is Sean Bastle going to finish his boat ride?(isn't he fighting on an island right now?)

Last we saw him, Sean Bastle had seized the Bay Bridge, cutting of San Francisco from Oakland, as the rest of the Constitutional Forces assaulted San Fran.  San Fran seems to get destroyed frequently in my stories.  But I lived there for seven years, so I think I earned the right to wreck it.  I grew up outside Seattle, but haven't destroyed that city yet in my writing.

As far as what's next, one last draft of Spartan's Ashes, then probably start on the next Spartan Book.  Sean's still in there though.  From the Sea was going to be a novella to set up the last Sean Bastle book, but I'm not ready to write that yet.  I want to time that with a retirement.

Thanks again OP. I love these stories.
View Quote

You are welcome.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 4:03:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: sharkman6] [#4]
Double Tap
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 4:04:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: sharkman6] [#5]
Triple Tap
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 4:15:20 AM EDT
[#6]

I had forgotten about that one. It'd be awesome if that one took off again, but I believe the OP said that it wouldn't be finished.
View Quote

Yeah.  The inspiration for that was the rise of Isis and the ineffectual and ridiculous response.  As that particular threat waned I kind of lost my motivation.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 4:19:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By camarofrk:
I seem to remember a certain group of Spartans in a certain part of the world putting together an army of their own.  

I also can't remember where I read it.

ETA:. Ooh, found it.  I hope they come into play.
View Quote

Yes.  As mentioned several times in The Spartan's Ashes, there is a Group of Spartan Knights overseas that went radio silent.  The assumption in the Emerald City is they got massacred somewhere out in the Russia steppes.  Their story (A short story) can be found in Black Arrow which is already on Amazon.  They will come into play.  All the loose ends (some of which I know are weird and don't seem to have any bearing on the main story)  will get tied together.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 4:21:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By greyguy:

I've been busy since we got back to work.  I'm just getting caught up.  Things are in motion now aren't they?  Thanks for the updates!

I think there may be a typo above.

View Quote

Thanks.

Yeah, I felt that a lot of the book was just a set up for the last two chapters, which is a setup for the next book, which I hope will be tighter and move faster.

And Thanks for keeping me honest with the editing.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 3:50:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Waiting for it to be published.
Link Posted: 6/5/2020 11:52:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Awesome finish! I’ll definitely buy it once it’s on amazon. So we might see chapters of book 3 this fall or winter?
Link Posted: 6/9/2020 5:16:43 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Coontrapper:
Awesome finish! I’ll definitely buy it once it’s on amazon. So we might see chapters of book 3 this fall or winter?
View Quote

Probably not until winter at the soonest.  Summer will probably be a wash as far as writing goes.
I'd like to get the first third drafted before I post anything.  That way I wont get behind and stretch it out for 2 years again.
Link Posted: 6/9/2020 8:12:18 AM EDT
[#12]
It is an unjust world that doesn’t recognize your talent and thousands of hours of hard work.  Thank you for writing for us, we happy few, over the last several years. It’s a bittersweet time, knowing we have to wait for the next installment. But, I look forward to that day when a new story pops up.

I have read almost everything you’ve done and was happy to find a few things on Amazon that I hadn’t read. I’ll be making some purchases today.
Link Posted: 6/9/2020 1:59:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By sharkman6:

"The rest," will consist of only two (maybe three) more chapters that I slide into the middle of the story.  These will cover character development of Nicky-Lee, and detail out a skirmish between Cora and Jimmy.   I skipped these to keep the story rolling along.  Unlike previous efforts, I'm not giving you 80% of the story for free and expecting you to buy the ending.  The ending is above.  If you were holding a paper copy of the book in your hands, the last three lines of that book would be the last three lines above.

My plan to publish it is this:  write the few missing chapters, review the whole thing one more time, then post it to Amazon.  Hopefully I can get this all done by the end of summer.  June is going to be a wash for me as far a writing goes though.  I've got other professional commitments during that month.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JoshAston:
When will the rest be available on Amazon?

I already had Spartan's Last March.  Just bought Black Arrow and Overt Actions.
Link Posted: 6/9/2020 7:39:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Are "the protests" beginning IRL?

The capitol of New Sparta isn't looking so good at the moment.
Link Posted: 6/9/2020 11:07:08 PM EDT
[#15]

Probably not until winter at the soonest.  Summer will probably be a wash as far as writing goes.
I'd like to get the first third drafted before I post anything.  That way I wont get behind and stretch it out for 2 years again.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I’ll be here when you get a chance to start writing again

You’ve got plenty of other work I can reread in the meantime
Link Posted: 6/11/2020 11:54:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Are "the protests" beginning IRL?

The capitol of New Sparta isn't looking so good at the moment.
View Quote

It is a clown show in Seattle.  It feels like what I wrote is coming to pass.
Link Posted: 6/11/2020 11:55:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Vaquero:
It is an unjust world that doesn’t recognize your talent and thousands of hours of hard work.  Thank you for writing for us, we happy few, over the last several years. It’s a bittersweet time, knowing we have to wait for the next installment. But, I look forward to that day when a new story pops up.

I have read almost everything you’ve done and was happy to find a few things on Amazon that I hadn’t read. I’ll be making some purchases today.
View Quote

Thank you.
Link Posted: 6/12/2020 12:19:12 AM EDT
[#18]

View Quote

I'm still available to soup up freshly liberated Toyota Tacomas for Mr. Bastle. Lol
Link Posted: 6/26/2020 11:52:04 AM EDT
[#19]

View Quote

That's what I keep thinking as I watch these dipsticks ransacking many major cities.  Governors deploying their NG disarmed seemingly for the sole purpose of providing someone for these rioters to yell and throw stuff at.  

There was also some video from the CHAZ/CHOP that made me think of the good folks in Jefferson...

Antifa seems to be The West's version of the Taliban.  Smash evidence of anything that came before us because we are so much better and attack anyone who disagrees.
Link Posted: 6/26/2020 12:33:28 PM EDT
[#20]
I’ve now read everything I could find.  I do remember some shorts from long ago. One with the Spartans that were in Los Angeles, which had the Hammer. Another that had the navy at a slave traders. Are those still around?

I also reread Flip of the Coin and Overt Actions. Did I miss An Uneasy Peace? I always wondered what happened to Boyd. Well, I know what happened, I’d like to see how it happened.  I also have a memory of Sean with a Saiga 12 that he dug up, but maybe that’s a dream I had.
Link Posted: 6/26/2020 4:35:10 PM EDT
[#21]
I’ve now read everything I could find.  I do remember some shorts from long ago. (1) One with the Spartans that were in Los Angeles, which had the Hammer. (2) Another that had the navy at a slave traders. Are those still around?

I also reread Flip of the Coin and Overt Actions. (3) Did I miss An Uneasy Peace? I always wondered what happened to Boyd. Well, I know what happened, I’d like to see how it happened.  (4) I also have a memory of Sean with a Saiga 12 that he dug up, but maybe that’s a dream I had.
View Quote

1)  The Hammer's attack on Los Angeles was described briefly in TSLM.  Rather than try and take down a mega-city, he just took a small cohort and destroyed the aqueducts that fed the city water, knowing the protestors didn't have the knowledge, skills or abilities to fix the water lines.  Once the water got turned off, L.A. was unlivable.  Of course, the desk-monkeys in the Emerald City didn't think such a move was "fair,"  and The Hammer quickly became Persona Non grata with New Sparta's higher ups.

2)  Never finished that one.  The ship in that story is the same one featured in The Spartan's Ashes.

3) Have not even started that one.  

4)  I don't remember a Saiga-12.  They did have an old Soviet Flame thrower that kept popping up.  Sean kept ordering it to be disappeared, but then it would magically reappear when needed.
Link Posted: 6/26/2020 5:53:24 PM EDT
[#22]

1)  The Hammer's attack on Los Angeles was described briefly in TSLM.  Rather than try and take down a mega-city, he just took a small cohort and destroyed the aqueducts that fed the city water, knowing the protestors didn't have the knowledge, skills or abilities to fix the water lines.  Once the water got turned off, L.A. was unlivable.  Of course, the desk-monkeys in the Emerald City didn't think such a move was "fair,"  and The Hammer quickly became Persona Non grata with New Sparta's higher ups.

2)  Never finished that one.  The ship in that story is the same one featured in The Spartan's Ashes.

3) Have not even started that one.  

4)  I don't remember a Saiga-12.  They did have an old Soviet Flame thrower that kept popping up.  Sean kept ordering it to be disappeared, but then it would magically reappear when needed.
View Quote

Thanks. Maybe the other Spartan story was a platoon about to get overrun or something.

I had a memory of Sean taking a Saiga into Camp Turquoise. I thought maybe there was a difference between the amazon version and the version that was on a separate website, wherever that was. I am most likely wrong.

I did notice the flamethrowers return.

There’s so much in your library I can’t remember it all.

I’m also waiting (hoping) for a collaboration with DC Bourone.
Link Posted: 8/28/2020 3:03:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Has this been published yet. I am running out of things to read since I don't watch tv much anymore.
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 1:37:27 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Trapshooter12:
Has this been published yet. I am running out of things to read since I don't watch tv much anymore.
View Quote

Not yet.

I've been wrapped up in all the political shit show lately and focusing on finishing off some preps and working as a mentor to an American Pioneer Corps group.

I've got some time blocked out this month to finish those last couple chapters off.
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 12:52:16 AM EDT
[#25]
Updates to this or future stories?
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 3:06:38 AM EDT
[#26]
Updates to this or future stories?
View Quote

I've put all writing on hold until the current political crisis gets resolved.

Been spending a lot of time working with my local American Pioneer Corps group.

You can find info on them at the top of the Hometown Forum page.

Link Posted: 12/21/2020 6:22:12 AM EDT
[#27]
Just had a discussion with some friends comparing the current vaccine shenanigans with the flu vaccine in Flip of the Coin.

You are a wizard, my friend.
Link Posted: 12/22/2020 6:47:02 AM EDT
[#28]
Just had a discussion with some friends comparing the current vaccine shenanigans with the flu vaccine in Flip of the Coin.

View Quote

It feels like elements of my fiction are quickly becoming non-fiction.

Link Posted: 12/22/2020 6:50:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: sharkman6] [#29]

View Quote

Vaquero,

If you are going to the DC rally on the 6th please send me a PM when you get a chance.

Link Posted: 3/26/2021 2:29:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JP_in_STL] [#30]
Bureaucrat agencies in the US - EPA, ATF, DHS are all feeling emboldened by the current Admin . . . all of which want to turn me into a felon.

POTUS has dementia and is well past his prime for someone whom is responsible for the safety of the free world . . .

China is emboldened and will likely make a move on Taiwan soon.  Our other enemies will soon be wolves at the door . . .

Money printer goes BRRRRR . . .

All the fiction I've read over the last 10yrs is reading like prophecy . .

I'm 47 with a wife and 2 pre-teens who I worry for their future.

Even with all the Rice Rabies crap 6 months ago the Global and USA outlook was pretty good.  Now its looking like the Fall of Rome and Coming Dark Ages.
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 9:15:22 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By JP_in_STL:
Bureaucrat agencies in the US - EPA, ATF, DHS are all feeling emboldened by the current Admin . . . all of which want to turn me into a felon.

POTUS has dementia and is well past his prime for someone whom is responsible for the safety of the free world . . .

China is emboldened and will likely make a move on Taiwan soon.  Our other enemies will soon be wolves at the door . . .

Even with all the Rice Rabies crap 6 months ago the Global and USA outlook was pretty good.  Now its looking like the Fall of Rome and Coming Dark Ages.
View Quote

I don't disagree.

All I can say is keep your head up, brother. It's up to us to raise our children right and hope that we can stick it out to rebuild on the other side of this.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 9:16:05 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By JP_in_STL:

View Quote

Find Moral Courage to act.

Stop fearing "muh Felon" nonsense, if you do, it just means you start living outside of the system as you have nothing left to lose.

They wanna ban "insert here", fuck it, might as well go full retard.

Concerning ourselves with the opinions of fools and wishing to exist with the failures of the world is what lead us to our current place, and if not stopped now will bring about a hellscape that this imaginative writer created, or a world that is some how even worse then what he wrote.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 9:16:49 PM EDT
[#33]

Vaquero,

If you are going to the DC rally on the 6th please send me a PM when you get a chance.

View Quote

@sharkman6

Any updates?
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 12:42:30 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By RustyShackleford69:

@sharkman6

Any updates?
View Quote

Yes.   I'm sending you an IM now.
Page / 9
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top