Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/19/2012 7:02:09 AM EDT
Which would you do? I have not had a chance to do any hunting, and I wont have another chance for the rest of the year. Do I go, or do I just wait for next year when things have stabilized out for me?
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 7:20:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Which would you do? I have not had a chance to do any hunting, and I wont have another chance for the rest of the year. Do I go, or do I just wait for next year when things have stabilized out for me?

Go hunting.

Good luck.

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 7:24:10 AM EDT
[#2]
First post as usual.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 7:28:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Really, you have to ask?  Family always comes first.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 7:31:01 AM EDT
[#4]
What time is turkey dinner?  

I have done both.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 8:33:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
What time is turkey dinner?  

I have done both.

That's my plan for this year.

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 9:39:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Well my problem is turkey dinner is 5 hours away from hunting, so it is definitely one or the other. I know family comes first normally, but I am recently divorced and the ex took off two states away with my kid and I wont get to see my daughter either way. So basically it's go hunting, or spend Thanksgiving with my mom, siblings, grandparents.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 9:48:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Hunting
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 10:11:33 AM EDT
[#8]
"Oh lookie there, I've got a bite...."
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 12:28:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Well my problem is turkey dinner is 5 hours away from hunting, so it is definitely one or the other. I know family comes first normally, but I am recently divorced and the ex took off two states away with my kid and I wont get to see my daughter either way. So basically it's go hunting, or spend Thanksgiving with my mom, siblings, grandparents.

Well with that information, hunting is the answer.

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 12:56:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well with that information, hunting is the answer.

yep,  unless grandparents are not expected to be around in the next couple of years.   Those things can be regretted later.  
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 1:19:17 PM EDT
[#11]
I made choices dozens of times over 40 years for Career V family...

Parents and Grandparents are long dead, but, I didnt see them all that often  anyways...
so

I'm spending Thanksgiving alone..

weigh your decision carefully..
CHEF

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 3:02:37 PM EDT
[#12]
I just had my final divorce over the summer, this Thanksgiving the kids will be with the ex.  I have been hunting every weekend for the past month and a half.  Thursday I will start my 4 day weekend duck hunting with my nephew then getting in the truck and driving to the hunt club. They are having a big dinner up there, then still hunting Thursday evening followed by 2 days of not getting up at 2am to drive to the club.

My vote......GO HUNTING!

You are recently FREE. Live your fucking life the way YOU want! No one to answer to, no one to nag, you ain't going to get that at family dinner....just sayin'

Chris

Post pics from the woods.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 3:52:38 PM EDT
[#13]
GO HUNTING!!!!!
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:44:02 AM EDT
[#14]
Does your family live local?  Will you see them some other time this year (Christmas)?  If so...go hunting.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 2:47:52 PM EDT
[#15]
GO HUNTING

I been putting in a ton of hours so thanksgiving I'm climbing up in my tree stand an hour before daylight and not coming down till dark or there is a dead deer.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 4:47:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Another vote for hunting. Without a doubt!
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:09:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Invite dad.  Go hunt.  Go see mom on Sunday, and at Christmas, especially if you get your kid for Christmas.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 9:55:52 AM EDT
[#18]
Take the family hunting!  WIN WIN!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top