Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/30/2018 6:58:50 PM EDT
I'm a dumba$$ and poked a very small hole in the bottom of my tent while drying it in the garage. Accidentally lofted it onto my pruning pole. Not smart. Any suggestions on the best patch kits out there?

Also, my son's BSA Troop bought a bunch of 6 person tents from Gander Mountain the year before they went out of business. Some of the poles are splitting along the length, and I think some poles are just MIA. Looking for replacement poles. Google failed me, but maybe someone has better search skills than me. Looking for options to get these tents fixed up right.

Pole part numbers:
Main poles: HFP11-590f
Rainfly pole: HFP11-267c
Link Posted: 3/31/2018 11:04:43 AM EDT
[#1]
GearAid tape should do fine, I use it on rain jackets and pants and it sticks well as long as you clean the area (they recommend alcohol.)

As far as the tent poles go, googling “tent poles” showed a bunch. Some were cheap, some inexpensive, and some not so much. You’ll need the length & diameter, and you’ll definitely want to go with aluminum. Shortening a long pole by removing a section and shortening the shock cord should be simple, and you’ll have a spare section in case of a break.
Link Posted: 4/6/2018 9:34:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
GearAid tape should do fine, I use it on rain jackets and pants and it sticks well as long as you clean the area (they recommend alcohol.)

As far as the tent poles go, googling “tent poles” showed a bunch. Some were cheap, some inexpensive, and some not so much. You’ll need the length & diameter, and you’ll definitely want to go with aluminum. Shortening a long pole by removing a section and shortening the shock cord should be simple, and you’ll have a spare section in case of a break.
View Quote
Thanks. I'm going to patch the tent this weekend. Might run by REI just to see what overpriced tent patching stuff they have.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top