Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 4/10/2008 7:36:50 PM EST
Deal at Steep & Cheap?

Just thot i'd let you know.
Link Posted: 4/10/2008 8:56:12 PM EST
Its a coat now.
Link Posted: 4/11/2008 6:21:26 AM EST
You gotta be quick on their deals. They change as soon as the item sells out. I've missed some good ones because I cannot get to their site at work (government computer). The deal on the CRKT knives was one that comes to mind.
Link Posted: 4/11/2008 7:11:13 AM EST

Originally Posted By Lifesaver:
You gotta be quick on their deals. They change as soon as the item sells out. I've missed some good ones because I cannot get to their site at work (government computer). The deal on the CRKT knives was one that comes to mind.

That's what they say but it doesn't really work that way. If you keep checking back you'll often see the same item pop up again and again... IMO it's just a marketing trick to drive impulse sales.

For example the CRKT knife I bought a couple weeks ago was on there again last night. Keep checking back or use their RSS service or something, I'll bet it pops up again. Or they have a 3L 1200ci Camelback pack on there right now.

I did nab the camelback pack that was on when the OP posted, it'll be handy and I needed a new daytrip size pack.
Link Posted: 4/11/2008 9:46:05 AM EST

Originally Posted By Gamma762:

That's what they say but it doesn't really work that way. If you keep checking back you'll often see the same item pop up again and again... IMO it's just a marketing trick to drive impulse sales.

For example the CRKT knife I bought a couple weeks ago was on there again last night. Keep checking back or use their RSS service or something, I'll bet it pops up again. Or they have a 3L 1200ci Camelback pack on there right now.

I did nab the camelback pack that was on when the OP posted, it'll be handy and I needed a new daytrip size pack.

I agree!!! If you go to their normal "storefront": backcountry.com, and check their outlet area, you will find many of the items that are cycled through steep & cheap. Check the "on hand" quantity in the outlet area. High on-hands usually means it will be going into S&C. Then sign up for the S&C alerts, and you should be able to catch some good stuff. Prices are a good bit less for the same items on S&C.
Link Posted: 4/12/2008 10:43:58 AM EST

Originally Posted By RCK1999:

Originally Posted By Gamma762:

I agree!!! If you go to their normal "storefront": backcountry.com, and check their outlet area, you will find many of the items that are cycled through steep & cheap. Check the "on hand" quantity in the outlet area. High on-hands usually means it will be going into S&C. Then sign up for the S&C alerts, and you should be able to catch some good stuff. Prices are a good bit less for the same items on S&C.

www.backcountryoutlet.com/outlet/CAM0142/CamelBak-Alpine-Explorer-Hydration-Pack.html

That's the one I got the other day that I think the OP was referring to. It was a better deal on S&C
Link Posted: 4/12/2008 11:03:23 AM EST
I agree that S&C really just preys on impulse buyers. I don't buy their quantity thing since I've seen the same item up several times in a month
Link Posted: 4/20/2008 11:27:54 AM EST
Check it now.
Top Top