Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/15/2015 5:50:34 PM EST
I am trying to find a stainless steel water bottle roughly the same size as a normal plain jane nalgene bottle. It seems nalgene does not make these anymore.

I want a single wall stainless bottle that will nest in a nalgene style nesting cup and fit in a water bottle pouch such as the condor H20 pouch or maxpedition offering. I would also like the same size opening as the nalgene and threads to use nalgene accessories.

Can anyone help with such an item? I can't seem to find one at all.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 5:55:26 PM EST
Google nalgene and stainless. Tons of hits. Here is one.
like this?
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 8:59:16 PM EST
[Last Edit: 1/15/2015 9:02:12 PM EST by wwfennell]
The KleenKanteen is a great option.....I think its the best made example of what you are looking for....its on this page...just scroll down.

http://www.canteenshop.com/water.html

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 3:48:13 PM EST
Originally Posted By Rivnut:
I am trying to find a stainless steel water bottle roughly the same size as a normal plain jane nalgene bottle. It seems nalgene does not make these anymore.

I want a single wall stainless bottle that will nest in a nalgene style nesting cup and fit in a water bottle pouch such as the condor H20 pouch or maxpedition offering. I would also like the same size opening as the nalgene and threads to use nalgene accessories.

Can anyone help with such an item? I can't seem to find one at all.
View Quote

Looks like the bottle you seek has been posted but figured you might find this archived thread interesting...

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_10_18/670851_Water_bottles_and_containers__what_s_good_for_EDC_and_Outdoor_activities_.html
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 8:07:38 PM EST
Second on the kleen canteen! The thing is a tank and rei sells replacement caps just in case you loose one or it gets too close to the fire!
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 8:11:15 PM EST
Klean kanteen
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 11:32:12 PM EST
+1 for kleenkanteen
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 12:09:23 AM EST
I use the Stanley nineteen13 bottles.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:42:09 AM EST
Thanks all. I originally wanted a stainless bottles that was an exact copy of the original Nalgene bottles with straight walls and threads for water filters. I don't think they make this item any longer. I should have been more clear.

Once I got looking at some of the links and doing some more searching I found out that the Guyot designs backpacker bottle with the tapered bottom will nest inside this famous Stanley adventure cook set pot I found. It should work out better than what I had originally planned.

Thanks for all the links. I went from trying to find an old product to finding a much more versatile cook set system.

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 5:22:42 PM EST
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 8:57:08 PM EST
Question for those using the Klean Kanteen and Humangear caps - anyone else have issues with them leaking? I bought 2 recently at REI and both leak when using the humangear caps.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:58:19 PM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By POG926:
Maybe this guy
View Quote

That was the one I was originally looking at, but went a totally different direction with my plans. Thank you all.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:02:05 PM EST
Here is one for a buck

This guys been re-listing it on armslist for about 6 months now
Top Top