Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/4/2012 4:09:10 AM EDT
I'm pretty sure I have CMP week off this year and it might be fun to set up a special events station there this summer.

Any interest out there on setting up shop on some little nook at Perry and doing aradio thing of some sort?

I figure we could put together something including Special Event QSL cards for around $100 or so.

We'd be there sort of covering the NMs and maybe for the service guys that shoot there we could radiogram home for them.(even though they all have cell phones in their pockets)

Whatever. All ideas welcome.

I suppose I could advertise on the blog as there are a couple of hams that are followers and I'm sure they would help spread the word.

If you can't make it to Perry you can help from the sidelines
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 4:56:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes, count me in if just for a few days.

ETA: November 8 Mike

National Matches in 8 land
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 5:12:28 AM EDT
[#2]
If I can make it I'll come out the west side of the state

If I can't make it I'll RX radiograms and pass them to Philly area people
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 5:47:45 AM EDT
[#3]
I am not sure but we might have to be an organization of some sort.

If we do, quick fix.

ARFCOM ARC.

Officers:

AFM, Dictator for life

Me: Vice President as I will CHEERFULLY assume responsibility for all of the vice.

Secretary: An Anna Nicole Smith look-alike

Think of what the thread forming such a club would be like, especially if you threw it out in GD
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 1:44:55 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't know when me and the missus will be attending, but sure as anything we'll be headed there for at least one day - possibly more.

If our schedules coincide I'll be happy to guest op for a while.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 1:49:40 PM EDT
[#5]
I usually go for rifle and pistol SAFS, but we were talking about staying for a few days in CMP rifle week for the Presidents match.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 1:52:16 PM EDT
[#6]
I'll come visit for an afternoon.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 1:52:28 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

If we do, quick fix.

ARFCOM ARC.

Officers:

AFM, Dictator for life

Me: Vice President as I will CHEERFULLY assume responsibility for all of the vice.

Think of what the thread forming such a club would be like, especially if you threw it out in GD

Really?

okay...whatever floats your boat..

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 3:05:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Quoted:

If we do, quick fix.

ARFCOM ARC.

Officers:

AFM, Dictator for life

Really?

okay...whatever floats your boat..  

I suppose if she were alive today she would be scratching on the inside of a casket trying like hell to get out.

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 4:40:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

If we do, quick fix.

ARFCOM ARC.

Officers:

AFM, Dictator for life

You made me snarf milk out my nose.  

Secretary... my wife does a great Mae West imitation.  "Hey, Big Boy!  Is that a pistol in your pocket or are yah just happy to see me?"

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top