Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/3/2007 7:30:43 AM EDT

Link Posted: 12/3/2007 1:30:41 PM EDT
[#1]
I SEE YOU HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM I HAVE IN BEE COUNTY. MY PLACE IS RUNNING OVER WITH HOGS. GOOD LUCK HUNTING.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 1:57:15 PM EDT
[#2]
In Texas, I know Class 3 is legal for hogs, and if the rules are the same as Alabama, then there is no limit or season on pigs. Do you guys ever just go on a hog jihad and try to wipe them out?? I mean they are an invasive species...Or do you kinda keep them around because you enjoy hunting/eating them?
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 6:27:12 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
In Texas, I know Class 3 is legal for hogs, and if the rules are the same as Alabama, then there is no limit or season on pigs. Do you guys ever just go on a hog jihad and try to wipe them out?? I mean they are an invasive species...Or do you kinda keep them around because you enjoy hunting/eating them?

We try to keep some around for meat targets. It is nice to be able to go to the lease anytime during the year and be reasonably sure of getting a few shots at hogs. Even if we wanted to it would be impossible to wipe them out. If we were somehow able to jihad all the ones on our ranch then they would just invade from the surrounding properties. It is all low fence so they pretty much go where they want.

If the state wants to get serious and eradicate feral hogs I believe the only way to do it would be ariel gunning. That is how they eradicated coyotes from the hill country back in the hay day of sheep farming.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top