Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Posted: 7/5/2012 3:48:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/5/2012 3:52:27 AM EDT by AR-Doctor]
Anyone ever seen anything like this??

Ok, you bite. Neat idea right??? Works great on kids and the pesky Aunt.

Link Posted: 7/5/2012 6:01:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/5/2012 6:01:43 AM EDT by manual_c0cker]
Eastern rubber snake?
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 7:36:45 AM EDT
Nope, try again.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 7:39:54 AM EDT
Rebar snake
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 7:43:28 AM EDT
That's a bama black snake
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 8:33:54 AM EDT

Rebar snake

Nice huh. About a hour of work and the UPS guy hates it. The Fed-Ex lady dam near pissed herself the first time she walked up the side walk. Works great on chipmunks. They are now where to be found.

Thinking about making a few to sell. Father in-law says he's going to give it a custom brush paint job this winter. it will look like a python then, so he says.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 8:50:24 AM EDT
Originally Posted By AR-Doctor:

Rebar snake

Nice huh. About a hour of work and the UPS guy hates it. The Fed-Ex lady dam near pissed herself the first time she walked up the side walk. Works great on chipmunks. They are now where to be found.

Thinking about making a few to sell. Father in-law says he's going to give it a custom brush paint job this winter. it will look like a python then, so he says.

How hard would it be to bend rebar into a coil. Picturing a rattle snake or cobra coiled up ready to strike and it would make a good garden hose reel / keeper.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 1:50:30 PM EDT
I gave that a idea, You would have to have a way to heat up the hole piece,Ie a forge or furnace of some sort. Than have something to bend it around. All that was used on this was a tourch and a anvil. Or blacksmith friend made it up as I was cooking lunch on the grill.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 10:48:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/5/2012 10:48:46 PM EDT by Kitties-with-Sigs]
What did you paint it with that's so shiny black?

I thought it was garden hose at first. The pattern looks like the pattern on a rubber hose I had in a greenhouse a long time ago.

The thing is, when it doesn't move for several days, the critters figure out that it's not real.
Link Posted: 7/6/2012 5:08:20 AM EDT
Used a gray primer, Then a few coats of black tractor paint from Tractor Supply.
Top Top