Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/16/2012 8:02:44 PM EDT
What's the tinyest 2m HT out there? Alinco has a dual bander that's crazy small. Anything else in that neighborhood?

-Foxxz
Link Posted: 3/16/2012 8:24:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Discontinued, but this Alincocredit card ht used to be. It even has a mosquito repeller built in HA!
Link Posted: 3/16/2012 8:44:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Yaesu Vx-3r

I have one.  It's not bad.
Link Posted: 3/16/2012 10:57:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Discontinued, but this Alincocredit card ht used to be. It even has a mosquito repeller built in HA!

I think that would be the miniaturization winner.

Standard had a tiny 2m (and matching 440) HT.  Yaesu VX-2r was also pretty tiny, and dual band.  Both of those (IIRC) were thicker but a little smaller in the other dimensions than the credit card Alinco.
Link Posted: 3/16/2012 11:17:30 PM EDT
[#4]
My VX-6R is incredibly small.
Link Posted: 3/17/2012 9:17:55 AM EDT
[#5]
It looks like Bander has some DJ-C5s, if you're willing to ship from overseas.
Link Posted: 3/17/2012 9:38:05 AM EDT
[#6]
For a tri-bander, the VX7r amazes me with it's small size.
Link Posted: 3/17/2012 10:06:00 AM EDT
[#7]
I have a Kenwood TH-F6A that is fairly small  in height and width. Thickness is almost as much as a larger size handheld. Keep in mind that the buttons are a lot closer and not very user friendly if a person is chubby fingered.
Link Posted: 3/17/2012 10:28:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I have a Kenwood TH-F6A that is fairly small  in height and width. Thickness is almost as much as a larger size handheld. Keep in mind that the buttons are a lot closer and not very user friendly if a person is chubby fingered.

Also one of the only HT's with a 0.01 - 1300 MHz receiver that's capable of receiving SSB and CW. Heck of a lot of features packed inside that little box...
Link Posted: 4/9/2012 4:12:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Wasn't that thing so small it didn't have a speaker? IIRC you needed earphones.

ETA: Nope, I mis-remembered. It did/does have a speaker.

Stay Safe,
AGreyMan
Link Posted: 4/9/2012 5:10:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

UncleChan, welcome to ARFCOM!  Glad to see your first post is in the Ham Forum!!!  
Link Posted: 4/9/2012 5:51:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wasn't that thing so small it didn't have a speaker? IIRC you needed earphones.

ETA: Nope, I mis-remembered. It did/does have a speaker.

Stay Safe,
AGreyMan

i believe there was a micro HT that required an earphone but dont remember what it was.
Link Posted: 4/9/2012 7:19:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

UncleChan, welcome to ARFCOM!  Glad to see your first post is in the Ham Forum!!!  

Thanks kindly. You are a lively group.

I also have a Baofeng UV-3R. It is quite small.
Link Posted: 4/11/2012 10:39:45 AM EDT
[#13]
The Alinco 2/440 had a speaker, the monobanders needed the earplug.  

http://www.rigpix.com/alinco/djc1.htm

http://www.rigpix.com/alinco/djc4.htm
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top