Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 6/25/2015 9:28:04 PM EDT
Wife and I bought Alps sleeping pads for our camping trip with the kids as we had a problem with the cheap ones from wal-mart and we are not looking to spend a lot of $$ for heavy sleeping pad. I read reviews and bought two Alps sleeping pads and they where great light weight no pain in the back waking up. Yet there was one problem and that was they are like a dry slip and slide! Are camp ground was kind of on a hill we found the flat place but half way through the night I found myself in the corner of the tent with the wife next to me!

So we tried a quick fix with grip tape it worked but only for one night. So looking for advice on how to take the slip out of these pads? I give them 5 stars as they are light to carry and take up less room then a military sleeping pad and it was 1000 X more comfortable and well worth the $38 I payed for each one. I have thought of adding some silicon glue to the pad or something like that but wanted to see if anyone else has had this problem and how they fixed it. Thanks for the help!

We all had a great weekend we hiked around 20+ miles kayaked a few rivers and lakes one lake took us across to Canada! Kids had the chance to swim just to bad we had to leave early on Fathers Day as there was tornado warnings in the area hail and storms. Ever up in ND check out Lake Metigoshe great time they have a cabin (someone rented it out) that its a 2 mile hike just to get to it we are so going for that next time. Thanks again!
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 9:53:04 PM EDT
Seems silly, did you try to turn them over? Had that problem years ago, one side was slicker than the other.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 9:58:33 PM EDT
They make non-slip sleeves for those.

It's basically like the rolls of shelf liner material to pad your cabinets with.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 2:46:43 AM EDT
Mix mineral spirits and silicone caulk and paint stripes down the pads.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 6:56:53 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Alaskagrown:
Mix mineral spirits and silicone caulk and paint stripes down the pads.
View Quote

Or put a bunch of nickel sized dots all over the high points that will make contact the most.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 9:24:10 PM EDT
Thermarest used to make a spray product that addressed the issue.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 10:42:14 PM EDT

Any seam sealer will work as well. I use the McNett brand.

If you want it to look nice, mask off some squares w painters tape or better yet, let the kids mask off patterns.

Top Top