Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/20/2012 3:10:39 PM EDT
Does anyone know where I could find a Scepter MFC nozzel ? Or maybe someone has a plethora of nozzels and would not mind parting with one.

I tried the guys at Tech Supply & Services in Louisiana that was selling MFC and replacement parts a couple of years ago, but he absolutely would not sell anything Scepter MFC anymore unless your military.

Thanks for any help.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 4:42:04 PM EDT
[#1]
DS Tactical  in Canada will sell you the spouts and parts, but not the cans.  Also remember that the diesel and gas nozzles are two different sizes
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:41:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 12:51:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
you can also make one for a lot cheaper. theres info in the fuel can thread.

Yeah I went this route and was very happy. I can't compare it to any commercial products, but you really can't beat the price of the PVC fitting nozzle. I made one with about a 24 inch hose, and another with a 5 foot hose. I set a piece of cardboard on the car, the can on top of that, and use the long nozzle so that I can lazily tip the can and not have to hold it up.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 6:55:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
you can also make one for a lot cheaper. theres info in the fuel can thread.

Yeah I went this route and was very happy. I can't compare it to any commercial products, but you really can't beat the price of the PVC fitting nozzle. I made one with about a 24 inch hose, and another with a 5 foot hose. I set a piece of cardboard on the car, the can on top of that, and use the long nozzle so that I can lazily tip the can and not have to hold it up.

I like that long hose idea, sitting there holding a can with the smaller gas nozzle is bit of a nuisance.

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 9:22:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for all the info. After posting this I found PA22-400 threads about making one in the FCO.

Went to lowes this morning and found the 2" npt fitting, a reducer bushing and a 1/2" barb fitting for the reducer along with some 1/2" ID hose and could not be happier, it works just fine. I used a little teflon tape just in case there was some leaking at the threads. So far so good, time will tell. Probably just have to change out the teflon from time to time if it starts leaking.

Only concern is if the tubing can handle the corrosiveness of the gas. I got both a section of braided hose and the clear hose. Anyone have any opinion on this ?

Total cost was about $12.00.

Thanks for anymore input, and Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 3:05:17 PM EDT
[#6]
I somehow got the impression the hose I used was chemical resistant. I really can't remember exactly, it's been quite a while, but I've never had any issues. It's the braided stuff.

I didn't use any teflon tape, but my OCD kicked in and I really tightened everything down so all of the flats on each piece all lined up. I've never had any leakage from any of the nozzle components, but some between the nozzle and the can.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 3:25:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 4:07:09 PM EDT
[#8]
so funny as I made my own last weekend.......not spending $50 on a scepter fuel spout.........but I am second guessing one of the parts I used.....I didnt go with a brass barb fitting as the size I wanted wasnt available so I used a plastic one.......is that going to be an issue? will the gas affect it
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 4:11:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 4:58:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Most of the plastic tubing at home depot/lowes are pvc or vinyl, both of which are very good in terms of resistance to fuels. They are somewhat sensitive to UV though so just keep it out of the sun.

Sounds good. Not really that big of a concern since the hoses are cheap to replace if it ever becomes necessary, which I doubt very seriously with such infrequent use.

survivorman, the only reason I used the metal barb fitting was because I saw it before I saw the plastic one. Either one would have worked, although I should have gotten the plastic one because it would have been cheaper.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 5:04:51 PM EDT
[#11]
awesome thanks......ok heres another question, and sorry for the hijack......how about pvc cement?  I used it on the pvc when fitting together, everything went on tight and I have no leakes but will the pvc cement hold up to gas?
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 7:34:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
awesome thanks......ok heres another question, and sorry for the hijack......how about pvc cement?  I used it on the pvc when fitting together, everything went on tight and I have no leakes but will the pvc cement hold up to gas?

That's a good question, maybe someone will come along that may know. I suspect that everyone that's made one has used PVC cement as well so it shouldn't be a problem either. [8D

BTW, your not hijacking anything. Feel free to ask away, I can use all the help I can get and I'm probably wondering the same things you are.

Thanks for your help.

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 7:51:49 PM EDT
[#13]

I have ten Sceptre MFCs and have never used a nozzle on them.

Instead I use a Super Siphon and they're fantastic.  You don't have to suck on them or anything like that - very easy to use.

You also don't have to hold onto a full can while you try and pour.  You just put the can on top of whatever you're refueling and let it go.

It's very slick.

They're available in a million places on the net, so just poke around and get the best price for yourself.  

Link Posted: 11/23/2012 6:01:32 AM EDT
[#14]
I have some of the gas MFC nozzles that I would sell.  

Grove
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 9:00:57 AM EDT
[#15]
CARman, It would be really nice if you would post your results in the FCO too kthnkx

survivorman, you should be good to go, but hey if the home made nozzle gives up after some years you can make another pretty cheap.

Guys the hose I got was labeled "poly" and has lasted quite some time.  You can go into the archives and find the approximate age of the nozzle try2009or so when I first posted a pic of it.

Johnny_Reno luv the Basset with its ears blowing in the wind.  Real super siphon users wear a spring camo tactical mumu and make their own video

Link Posted: 11/23/2012 4:52:21 PM EDT
[#16]
I must not have seen the same thread where they talked about how to make the nozzles....or at least I didn't pay attention. I didn't use any PVC cement either. I just screwed all the fittings together.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top