Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2013 3:02:02 PM EDT
Anyone know whats up with the huge back order on the Mormon LDS site?
#10 cans
http://store.lds.org

Have ordered a few times over the years, and occasional a couple items at a time will be back orded, but just checked and everything is on back order?

Anyone
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 3:50:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Check the news for international disasters.  LDS gives first priority to their aid work.  Retail gets what's left after that.  
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 4:50:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Maybe a lot going to the Syrian refugees?
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 7:04:35 PM EDT
[#3]
You must have missed the announcement in Church this last SUnday.  
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 6:13:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Which was?????

I know sales on food pick up in the fall. Folks stock up for winter and such. But as I look around the web, I see more and more backorder notices.
That storm we have been talking about for years now, is just around the corner.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 10:23:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Which was?????

I know sales on food pick up in the fall. Folks stock up for winter and such. But as I look around the web, I see more and more backorder notices.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which was?????

Its going to start with Syria...thanks Obama.

Link Posted: 9/7/2013 10:49:36 AM EDT
[#6]
I thought they were no longer allowing non-church members to use their facilities to can things either East or West of the Mississippi???  So now folks have to buy what they want instead.  But I'm probably wrong.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 4:44:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I thought they were no longer allowing non-church members to use their facilities to can things either East or West of the Mississippi???  So now folks have to buy what they want instead.  But I'm probably wrong.
View Quote

Not true.  The LDS church has shut down a number of their local canneries.  In other of their canneries, you can only buy bulk - you can't can foods.  So demand from SLC, where all the canned food from their website comes from is huge.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 5:04:28 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Not true. The LDS church has shut down a number of their local canneries.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I thought they were no longer allowing non-church members to use their facilities to can things either East or West of the Mississippi??? So now folks have to buy what they want instead. But I'm probably wrong.

Government Regulations shut em down.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 12:51:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I thought they were no longer allowing non-church members to use their facilities to can things either East or West of the Mississippi??? So now folks have to buy what they want instead. But I'm probably wrong.

And now MOAR regulations are being [or have been] written to create even more havoc.

This will NEVER end -until all regulations have been written.  

Then the enforcement will intensify...

While we happily foot the bill for it and park ourselfs in front of the flat screen sipping adult bevs.

Link Posted: 9/10/2013 3:58:09 PM EDT
[#10]
I'd bet as they transition to doing all of the canning at a few locations...and selling the (pre-packed) cans at the local canneries... I'd bet that they are going to be short on cans...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top