Posted: 8/9/2011 2:57:55 PM EDT
Economic uncertainty leading to global unrest

Be vigilant and be careful.  
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 3:07:27 PM EDT
[#1]
delete
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 3:32:30 PM EDT
[#2]

On the other hand, don't worry about anybody in England.  They're perfectly safe, having gotten rid of all those nasty ol' gunz an' all.
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 3:39:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Man, I need to get my Bug Out Trailer done ASAP!!. Sh!t get'n real.
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 3:41:50 PM EDT
[#4]
This riot started when a guy was shot and killed by the police. Sounds like a long, hot summer has gotten out of hand.
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 3:45:18 PM EDT
[#5]

Had to start sometime. Make sure   all your weapons are cleaned, lubed and mags are loaded.

Link Posted: 8/9/2011 3:46:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
This riot started when a guy was shot and killed by the police. Sounds like a long, hot summer has gotten out of hand.

Yeah, now people have a very convenient excuse to loot, set cars on fire and misbehave... Some drunk chicks on Reuters said that they were sticking it to the rich people (shop owners)...

Hell, none of them probably know the name of the poor guy that was shot by police and since when British police officers carry weapons???
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 3:49:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:... and since when British police officers carry weapons???

Have you been there lately? They carry submachine guns.

Link Posted: 8/9/2011 3:50:19 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, now people have a very convenient excuse to loot, set cars on fire and misbehave... Some drunk chicks on Reuters said that they were sticking it to the rich people (shop owners)...

Hell, none of them probably know the name of the poor guy that was shot by police and since when British police officers carry weapons???

The guy who got shot may or may not have been "poor"

As of the early '90s, while the "bobbies" of London didn't carry weapons around as a normal course of events, nowhere in London was more than 5 minutes away from a "response" team who travelled in cars and were armed to the teeth, to include submachineguns.

Even so, the bobbies were lobbying to get weapons issued, as the street thugs were getting hard to handle already.

Link Posted: 8/9/2011 3:52:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:... and since when British police officers carry weapons???

Never been to England; I know some officers carry MP5s (specially around airports (post 9/11)), but not a street cop...
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 3:53:03 PM EDT
[#10]
It's just the thing those dumbass types needed to give an excuse to steal and destroy their own fucking neighborhoods.....Idiots            Dont think we dont have our own groups just sitting an waiting for the call to go out and start doing that shit here in major metros......Mob rules and destroys for free dont need a good reason
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 4:01:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Coming to a neighborhood near us???/

10 years ago, no one had ever even heard the term "flash mob".....

Just peachy....

Doc
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 4:20:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Idiots Dont think we dont have our own groups just sitting an waiting for the call to go out and start doing that shit here in major metros......Mob rules and destroys for free dont need a good reason

I am not sure I follow your statement...care to explain?
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 4:21:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Who ever thought that you could make a ton of money selling aluminum baseball bats?  Jeez, this is why I'm not rich.
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 4:45:14 PM EDT
[#14]
That's bad, but what do you think will happen in every major city in America if Obama doesn't get reelected, especially if it's a close finish?  
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 4:51:35 PM EDT
[#15]

Fo Dog to the rescue.
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 5:10:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
That's bad, but what do you think will happen in every major city in America if Obama doesn't get reelected, especially if it's a close finish?  

unfortunately, this.  There is a LOT of hate out there among the nonproductive, noneducated folks.  There are a great number of things that could set it off.
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 5:11:35 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm just waiting for one of the typical American race baiters (ie- Rev. Al, Rev. Jackson, that crazy fucker that is Obama's preacher, etc) to start calling for like minded Americans to begin to show solidarity with their oppressed European brethren....   And then burn down their own neighborhoods here.
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 5:20:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I'm just waiting for one of the typical American race baiters (ie- Rev. Al, Rev. Jackson, that crazy fucker that is Obama's preacher, etc) to start calling for like minded Americans to begin to show solidarity with their oppressed European brethren....   And then burn down their own neighborhoods here.

Let's hope not, but plan for the possibility accordingly.
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 6:48:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
And then burn down their own neighborhoods here.

Don't be so sure it will be their own neighborhoods.
They figured out that the loot is better elsewhere. As one of them said on a local news program, " We go downtown. Can't get no IPods on the West side."

Link Posted: 8/9/2011 11:13:45 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

unfortunately, this.  There is a LOT of hate out there among the nonproductive, noneducated folks.  There are a great number of things that could set it off.

I'm just sayin'

Link Posted: 8/9/2011 11:32:01 PM EDT
[#21]
S&P's fault
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 3:56:24 AM EDT
[#22]
this is Not about some drug dealer got shot doing what he was doing

this is about More FREE SHIT
Idle hand are the Devils playground.
self esteme is found through successfull accomplishments and "job well done"
it is an EAT THE RICH moment and their having fun doing it...

look what happened last year when they found out they'd have to pay SOME for higher education..instead of completly free...

this is coming here,,when O Loses in 2012, (dear baby Jesus, hear my prayer)expect massive rioting in the streets of NY, Chi, LA, Miami, St Lou and DC.eta .PHILLY, ..
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 4:22:21 AM EDT
[#23]
Chef......don't Philly....they are having a lot of flash mob violence. The idiot mayor is all up and into it...oh and unlike the rest of PA...no assault weapons in the city.  Down here in the woods we are caught between Philly and AC mobs. There are so many teens and early 20 somethings that are trying to live the gangster life. They are the ones that will love to start the looting and shooting with in their communities.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 7:06:17 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Chef......don't Philly....they are having a lot of flash mob violence. The idiot mayor is all up and into it...oh and unlike the rest of PA...no assault weapons in the city.  Down here in the woods we are caught between Philly and AC mobs. There are so many teens and early 20 somethings that are trying to live the gangster life. They are the ones that will love to start the looting and shooting with in their communities.

There is no AWB in Philadelphia. Philly tried that shit back in the 90s and the PA Supreme Court spanked them hard.  PA has state preemption of firearms regulation.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 9:02:00 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

There is no AWB in Philadelphia. Philly tried that shit back in the 90s and the PA Supreme Court spanked them hard.  PA has state preemption of firearms regulation.

Philly is an odd case.  They want to be like NYC and basically dictate policy and law to the rest of the state, except for 2 things:

1) Pittsburgh has a case of ass about being the #2 city in the state and reflexively opposes anything Philly legislators propose, and

2) Every year on the first Monday after Thanksgiving 3/4 of a million men armed with rifles travel the PA highways to hunt deer.  One day PennDOT is going to reverse all the directional signs and instead of heading north and west they will head south and east, at which point the fine residents of the City of Brotherly Love are going to choose between swimming the Schuylkill or the Delaware.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 11:40:32 AM EDT
[#26]
With unemployment as high as it is, we are just a spark away from riots across the US.  

Personal experience;  I've had 2 friends tell me on two seperate occasions within the last 30 days that if they don't find work soon, they may have to resort to some illegal activity to save their homes from foreclosure.  These are both highly skilled college educated white upper middle class individuals who have never ever broken any laws.  One friend I asked him what he meant and he said if i see him selling a bunch of new car parts to not ask any questions.  

This got me thinking, if two highly upstanding people that I know are getting to the breaking point, how many other not so upstanding people are out there just waiting to start looting on a massive scale.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 11:49:54 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
With unemployment as high as it is, we are just a spark away from riots across the US.  

Personal experience;  I've had 2 friends tell me on two seperate occasions within the last 30 days that if they don't find work soon, they may have to resort to some illegal activity to save their homes from foreclosure.  These are both highly skilled college educated white upper middle class individuals who have never ever broken any laws.  One friend I asked him what he meant and he said if i see him selling a bunch of new car parts to not ask any questions.  

This got me thinking, if two highly upstanding people that I know are getting to the breaking point, how many other not so upstanding people are out there just waiting to start looting on a massive scale.

not to worry the "not so upstanding people" will still be getting their welfare checks and other "give me" stuff, when that stops there will be serious problems.

gov isn't worried about the white upper middle or middle class....sorry to hear about your friends situation, I fear there are many thousands in the same boat...
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 2:51:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Makes me wonder at what point the money paid out to welfare and unemployment will exceed the taxes being collected?
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 4:38:03 PM EDT
[#29]
......and the world burns.  

Soon they will propose the solution of the One World Gov't and it will be touted as the only viable solution.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 6:11:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I saw that on the news too, she has the balls to go our and fuck shit up, but she ain't got the balls to let them show her face. I don't understand her logic, does she really think burning down the town is going to help anyone?!? Like you said it's given all the heathens an exscuse to go out and loot, and I doubt any of them would know the mans name that was shot. I haven't heard why they shot him, although I feel bad the guy got toasted, but I hope it was a good shoot.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 11:17:33 PM EDT
[#31]
This is the welfare state entering its death throes.

We have awhile to get to where they are, but we are certainly heading in the same direction. These black flash mobs we've been seeing are a sign of things to come here. They are practice.

It will happen here, too. And it will be much worse.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 4:54:02 AM EDT
[#32]
and how much farther are we behind them?
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 6:54:06 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
and how much farther are we behind them?

Wouldn't it be nice to know the answer to that?

My personal opinion is that if President Downgrade loses next year the blood will start to flow as our own welfare babies lose their great patron and see a Tea Party poised to bring some fiscal sanity to the nation's life. But who knows... I think most of us can feel it coming, but my personal sense is that we've got a little while before we get there.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 9:30:00 AM EDT
[#34]
My sentiments exactly. When Obama looses, I expect major stuff to happen on America's streets.

In New York, there haven't been any major riots since 1992 Crown Heights. The bottom of society had been well fed for all these years, they were getting free housing, "buying" homes they could not afford, getting free medical care, their children go to school for free etc etc. Since Bloomber became a Mayor of NYC he tripled spending on "social programs". And we all know, once something is put in place, to take it away is considered a blasphemy. So all these people are leading good life, getting fat on the govt dime. But they are still not happy. There are rallies by the City Hall almost every day. Thousands of people. Chanting "no budget cuts" and "make the Wall Street pay". I fucking hate them.

So what do you think is going to happen when their god Obama is no longer there? All it takes is one brick through a store front and the city will ignite.

Gentlemen, be ready. But whatever happens is still worth it if the country benefits in the end. We will re-build and recover.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 9:58:56 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

We have awhile to get to where they are, but we are certainly heading in the same direction. These black flash mobs we've been seeing are a sign of things to come here. They are practice.

I hope this to be true it will not be the end of my Great country , just the end of all the blood sucking scum.

none of this has anything to do with the guy the police shot , its just the scum finding a reason to steal stuff , the police are held back by our pussy .gov so now in most towns and cities the locals are going to the streets and stopping it themselves vigilante style .

none of this in any way reflects the mood of the nation , in fact this could be a good thing as all the sheep now see them for what they are and want some justice . the press  credit the rioters with more intelligence than they have trust me they just want free stuff and now most folks have seen them for what they are and don't like it .

they may just get more than they wanted .

Link Posted: 8/11/2011 10:11:23 AM EDT
[#36]
Isn't it legal for us to protect our business and homes?
I don't see how it could happen here because alot of us would just shoot the crap out of them.
More armed American citizens than there are armed English.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 10:26:48 AM EDT
[#37]
How it could happen here?? It's been happening here.

Rodney King
Cincinatti
Crown Heights
Seattle

Just off the top of my head. And I'm not even bringing up 1960s.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 1:17:42 PM EDT
[#38]
I agree.  It has been happening here.  

Where I live in Georgia, it wasn't long ago that we had an incident where a local refused to stop for an LEO and was attempting to flee.  In the process he wrecked his M/C and the crash was fatal for him.  Guess what happened?  Yep- Riots, burning, trashing the town and attempting to do the same to another small town close by.  

P-l-e-a-s-e...  Grow up and get a life.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 1:19:19 PM EDT
[#39]
OT:  

‘U.S. Day of Rage’ Being Orchestrated for ‘Worldwide Democracy’ (think pseudoanarchist, neo-Marxist, globalist)

Wall Street protest 9/17/11
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 2:50:15 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Quoted:

I hope this to be true it will not be the end of my Great country , just the end of all the blood sucking scum.

none of this has anything to do with the guy the police shot , its just the scum finding a reason to steal stuff , the police are held back by our pussy .gov so now in most towns and cities the locals are going to the streets and stopping it themselves vigilante style .

none of this in any way reflects the mood of the nation , in fact this could be a good thing as all the sheep now see them for what they are and want some justice . the press  credit the rioters with more intelligence than they have trust me they just want free stuff and now most folks have seen them for what they are and don't like it .

they may just get more than they wanted .

Any chance you guys can use this to re-establish recognition of your gun rights?
Quoted:

Isn't it legal for us to protect our business and homes?

I don't see how it could happen here because alot of us would just shoot the crap out of them.

More armed American citizens than there are armed English.

Dude, there are more armed Chicagoans than armed English!

Link Posted: 8/11/2011 10:08:19 PM EDT
[#41]
I guess what I should have said is that it wouldn't last long here if our citizens have the balls to use some bullets.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 10:07:38 AM EDT
[#42]
TheOTHERmaninblack

" Any chance you guys can use this to re-establish recognition of your gun rights? "
short answer , no. the .gov would never allow guns for protection

but it may help some of the sheep to  see at last , shooters in the UK make up about 1% so we have next to no voice , but i have spent the last week telling anyone who will listen that they have a Right to own a shotgun and maybe they can grow from that and increase the numbers to a point we have a bigger say in things .

i can dream

Link Posted: 8/12/2011 10:22:39 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Actually, they are semi-auto-only  varients.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 10:35:18 AM EDT
[#44]
What gets me is the Brit leadership saying they want to consult with us,a s if they've never had a riot they've had to deal with. Those Europeans seem to riot every few years over nothing more than a soccer game.

The pics of Brit police I've seen today seem to show a bunch of guys under-equipped for the task.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 12:52:24 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
What gets me is the Brit leadership saying they want to consult with us,a s if they've never had a riot they've had to deal with. Those Europeans seem to riot every few years over nothing more than a soccer game.

The pics of Brit police I've seen today seem to show a bunch of guys under-equipped for the task.

I see that as a good sign.  Typical Continental reaction to riots is
- contain it
- let it die out
- buy off the miscreants with more social welfare benefits

Britain has been trying that, but it isn't working.

I'm picturing a diplomatic cable from GBR to USA stating "Please explain the term 'hickory shampoo' and it's application to disaffected youths."
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 1:36:57 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I'm right there with ya brother. If it gets busy down here I will cover your six as best I can .....I'm seven miles by road from Atlantic City and about 50 from camden/ philly
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 1:43:55 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I'm picturing a diplomatic cable from GBR to USA stating "Please explain the term 'hickory shampoo' and it's application to disaffected youths."

I don't think the Brits are looking for a history lessons. "Hickory shampoos" went out with the 60s here in the USA.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 5:38:41 PM EDT
[#48]
Lot to be said for the old ways
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 9:14:33 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Depends what old ways we're talking about. The old days of LE were not as grand as the rose-colored-glasses crowd wants us to believe.
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 10:42:06 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Depends what old ways we're talking about. The old days of LE were not as grand as the rose-colored-glasses crowd wants us to believe.
I'll second that, though they did have the benefit of DA's willing to actually follow through on the charges.  Lot to be said for actually putting somebody into an uncomfortable cell and making them miserable for awhile.  Too much "rehabilitation" going on these days, and not nearly enough punishment.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top