Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 6/27/2012 2:52:57 PM EDT
I have shopped the end of season sale from CherryGal.com for the last 2 years.

They have heirlooms at $1.00 per variety if you buy 25, though the seeds come in small packet sizes, basically for a small home garden and nothing more.

Last season the ordering went well, and everything requested showed up.

This year there were a number of problems which have really turned me off though.

The way you get the seeds for the sale price is you buy the sale, and then add the varieties you would like to your wishlist, which they then send to you. Essentially you and I would buy the same product "the sale" and we could get totally different seeds based on our needs via our wishlists.

Anyway, the wish list from last year was obviously not accurate to what I needed this year. I deleted as much of last years wishlist as possible, however, items that are sold out did not give the "delete" option. So I had 4 items that would not delete due to being sold out, and then added 25 currently available varieties which I expected to get.

I received my package and found only 24 seed packs instead of my ordered 25, then on top of that, 2 of the 4 undeleteable "sold out" varieties were included, which was bad because that ousted 2 varieties I did want with crap I got last year.

No biggie, I emailed them and they promptly replied that 25 packets were sent and I must have counted wrong....Also I should have contacted them telling them not to include the "sold out" varieties. .

Am I being a dick being turned off by this?

Anyway, out of 2 buys 1 was good, the other not. Take it for what its worth. When they do get your order right it seems to be a good deal getting 25 varieties for $25. Just ,make sure to read how many seeds come in each packet of each variety. Sometimes 10 tomato seeds just isn't enough.
Link Posted: 6/28/2012 1:03:55 AM EDT
Call and talk to a customer service rep. and explain your problem.

If they fail to remedy your problem, then let us know.

I'll be one to send them an email and let them know that their order service is lacking.

Additionally, I'd post all over the internet for others to avoid doing business with them.
Link Posted: 6/28/2012 7:23:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/28/2012 7:25:43 AM EDT by Ammon]
I spoke with what appears to be the person in charge via email. Its a very small operation and I feel they don't have a CS rep. Went something like this:

Me: Hey I received my package and found only 24 seed packets were sent. Also 2 of them were items I did not wish to receive, they were on my wish list left over from last year. They were shown as sold out and I was unable to delete them.
CherryGal: I personally check each package before it ships, 25 were sent. For deleting wishlist items you just check the selection box and click delete.
Me: I recounted and had my wife count too, only 24 packets.....Also, I was able to delete the other 23 items from last years wishlist, just not these 2 because they were shown as sold out, and the selection box was removed, I attached a screen shot.
CG: I talked to my web guy, you're using the wrong browser try using a different one, you should have called and told me you didn't want those 2 items.

Why would I call to inform you I was not interested in 2 varieties if they were sold out to begin with!!??

I was thinking the conversation would have gone more something like this

Me: Hey I only received 24 packets, and 2 of those were varieties from last years wishlist, it would not let me delete them.
CherrGal: I am sorry, I check each package before it ships, but must have been mistaken on yours. Also I will look into the wishlist problem with my web guy, I appreciate you
              pointing out this glitch. Which 3 varieties would you like us to send your way?
Me: Thanks for your help, 2 of the 3 varieties I wanted seem to still be in stock, so wolfberry, and mortgage lifter tomatoes would still be nice, and then perhaps a black beauty zucchini to round me out. Thanks

/Rant
Link Posted: 6/28/2012 5:10:42 PM EDT

I have to be honest....  I really was interested in the idea but based on that response from the owner, I cant say I'll be looking much further into.

Apparently some people don't make mistakes.

Link Posted: 6/30/2012 5:33:55 AM EDT
For heirloom seeds use Baker Creek Seeds and don't look back.  I've tried a couple others several years ago and IMO no one beats these folks on variety or service.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 7:05:52 AM EDT
Originally Posted By XSabers:
For heirloom seeds use Baker Creek Seeds and don't look back.  I've tried a couple others several years ago and IMO no one beats these folks on variety or service.

I'll check them out.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 9:04:48 AM EDT
Originally Posted By XSabers:

+1.  Unless for some reason they just don't have one particular plant I'm looking for, they're all I deal with any more.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 6:19:00 PM EDT
They are about 30 minutes from my house.  I'll have to use them next year.  

Grove
Top Top