Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/29/2011 12:14:35 PM EDT
Ok guys, I have said gun and wanted to put a scope on it this year. I thought about one of the Hastings rifled barrels but I don't shoot out more than 75 yards because of where I hunt. I also thought about a large red dot but I am slightly color blind and that pesky red would just get lost in all that green. Soo..with that, what scope should I purchase? I have looked at a few and can't seem to find anything around the $100 mark that isn't a POS. Could someone give me a hand?

Thanks in advance, links are very much appreciated,.

Mike
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 12:18:39 PM EDT
[#1]
If you're not shooting beyond 75yds, you should be able to hit them just sighting down the barrel...

I shot several deer with smooth bore barrels just shooting them like smooth bore shotguns...

JMO, but any cheap glass is not going to stand up to 12gauge slug recoil...even in a gas operated gun.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 12:23:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I appreciate the fact that open sights do work out to that distance but I just wanted to try something different for a change.  Thanks for your input
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 12:26:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Something fairly low power and made for a shotgun.  I have a cabela's branded 2.5-7x for a shotgun and it was more than enough glass for slug hunting.  
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 12:30:26 PM EDT
[#4]
A 1-4 or a 2-7 would be more than enough.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 4:58:20 PM EDT
[#5]
These Fire Sights Iron Sites from Williams are great.  I have the replacement sights on my 11-87 rifled barrel and I have a set for the vent rib remchoke barrel.

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=671251

I also have the b-square mount and the Simons Pro Diamond fixed 4 power and it works great too.  Nice, long eye relief.

natchezss.com has referbished scopes at great prices...

http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm?contentId=productSearch&searchItem=ProDiamond
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 8:27:02 PM EDT
[#6]
I have the B-Square also. The sites are cool but I don't think I can see them because I'm a little color blind, lol
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 4:06:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 2:05:05 PM EDT
[#8]
They look to be great options but I want to stay around a hundred.

Thanks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top