Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2008 11:05:44 PM EDT
Is it true that animals (such as coyote, skunk, opossum, deer, dogs, racoons, ect.) cannot see a regular light with a red filter over it? Or is this just popular myth?
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 11:16:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/19/2008 11:16:51 PM EDT by Ares337]
From what I've read knocturnal animals react very little if any at all under infra-red and red lighting. But almost will never carry out natural habits under white light.

ETA: I just www.google.com'd
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:39:14 AM EDT
Well, on coming to the call, the bobcats didn't seem to be too affected by it. That's the extent of my knowledge. Seems like it's a good idea.
Link Posted: 8/3/2008 6:56:04 PM EDT
You can hunt Coyotes with a white light also, just keep the Halo high above their head.
Red Lenses doesn't effect the animals at all UNLESS you silhouette yourself with the light.
If you shine a red light on your gun barrel, truck, partner or anything else the animals will see the silhouette and spook.
Link Posted: 9/2/2008 12:44:19 PM EDT
What it does is the red light keeps their pupils from contracting and hurting their eyes. They can see the light but it doesn't hurt their eyes. human pupils react the same way, in low light conditions it doesn't hurt our eyes nearly as bad as white, yellow, or orange light.
Top Top