Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2010 8:46:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/12/2010 8:47:24 AM EDT by M60forever]
Can someone recomend me a 3 day pack. I'm 6-5' 350lbs. Every pack I try ends up being to small for my shoulders.

edit: Under $100.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 9:46:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/12/2010 9:51:23 AM EDT by Echo2]
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=561518

This one works for me.....I got a couple others....but this is the one I camp with.

ETA...I like the fit...and it has the side handles.....the side pouches fit my binocs perfect.....the bottom pouch works great for FA kit....plenty stow pockets on interior.....and a quick access small pouch on back (vert zipper)
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 9:50:56 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Echo2:

This one works for me.....I got a couple others....but this is the one I camp with.

How tall are you and how much do you weigh?
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 9:53:27 AM EDT
Originally Posted By M60forever:

How tall are you and how much do you weigh?

6'-2"....310.....+/-.....what's your sign?......
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 9:55:53 AM EDT
wore it on a 12 miler with no pains other than normal.....it does have a belt to fit my eatin muscle.......and a chest strap.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 9:57:14 AM EDT
all the excess strapping has the little velcro stow straps.....very nice.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 10:24:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/12/2010 10:27:04 AM EDT by M60forever]
Sounds like a good pack. Sounds like it would probobly fit me. Thanks. The one I have is similar to that one but the damn straps ride my pits. For that price I might give it a try. I hope it fits.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 4:01:14 PM EDT
Originally Posted By M60forever:
Sounds like a good pack. Sounds like it would probobly fit me. Thanks. The one I have is similar to that one but the damn straps ride my pits. For that price I might give it a try. I hope it fits.

If you get it and it dosen't fit well.....IM me.
Link Posted: 9/22/2010 6:08:48 PM EDT
did you order one?
Link Posted: 9/22/2010 6:42:48 PM EDT
I bought a Camelbak Talon, nobody in the 6'5" 280lb range was involved in the R&D.

I'm an Aquarius but I hate walks on the beach.
Link Posted: 9/25/2010 2:43:13 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Rudison:
I bought a Camelbak Talon, nobody in the 6'5" 280lb range was involved in the R&D.

Candlelit dinners? lol

I've seen a few guy around here with that pack..ranging from the normal to taller types. Good reviews so far.
Link Posted: 9/25/2010 3:02:36 AM EDT
get your torso sized..by a ruck in that size.

a good ruck will adjust to your needed size...unless you got a 60 inch waist,...lol

most tactical packs wont.
Link Posted: 9/25/2010 5:41:52 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Sureshooter_29:

Candlelit dinners? lol

I've seen a few guy around here with that pack..ranging from the normal to taller types. Good reviews so far.

Actually, due to it's height/length, I feel more comfortable with my Bergan lightly loaded than the Talon stuffed full.

The Talon makes me feel like Quasi Moto.

I have a Rubbermaid tub full of rucks and packs from my search for perfection...I should sell off and do more R&D.
Link Posted: 9/25/2010 12:30:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/25/2010 12:30:42 PM EDT by HAGDADDY]

What all do you have in that tub?
Link Posted: 9/25/2010 2:00:26 PM EDT
Originally Posted By HAGDADDY:

What all do you have in that tub?

yeah.....
Link Posted: 9/25/2010 8:05:10 PM EDT
did you order one?

No havent ordered it yet. Planning on it just havent yet. Waiting for a little extra cash.
Link Posted: 9/25/2010 8:45:48 PM EDT

Candlelit dinners? lol

Actually, due to it's height/length, I feel more comfortable with my Bergan lightly loaded than the Talon stuffed full.

I have a Rubbermaid tub full of rucks and packs from my search for perfection...I should sell off and do more R&D.

please let us know
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 12:35:31 PM EDT
They had the pack I talked about in my first post.....at the gun show for $45.00.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 5:38:47 PM EDT
Originally Posted By JoeRedman:

Candlelit dinners? lol

please let us know

Sorted all the Smartwool socks and Fleece Beanies and Gloves, bags tub is next.

I know the Talon is on the block as well as:
New Camelbak Field Case
New Maxped Mongo S in Khaki Foliage
SO Tech extended Go Bag in Foliage.
I have an Oakley pack black and red, forgot the name.
There's another Camelbak in Khaki/Coyote, I'll dig around for more.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 6:19:52 PM EDT
Saw this thread and was hoping for a miracle - someday I hope to find a pack that will fit me. I have an expedition-sized Gregory, but apparently noone makes a midsize or smaller size pack tall enough for my torso size. I'm contemplating a winter project in trying to figure out a design and how to sew one up.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 6:34:35 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Gamma762:
Saw this thread and was hoping for a miracle - someday I hope to find a pack that will fit me. I have an expedition-sized Gregory, but apparently noone makes a midsize or smaller size pack tall enough for my torso size. I'm contemplating a winter project in trying to figure out a design and how to sew one up.

I'm 6'05 with a 23" torso. Arc'Teryx makes packs long enough. Some complain they are now made overseas and some complain about being over priced but if you need a quality pack they make good gear. I bought a Bora 80 to carry the heay gear for myself and the little lady. Check out Hermit's Hut for good prices and deals.

Linky
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 8:29:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/26/2010 8:35:40 PM EDT by Gamma762]
Originally Posted By zirkdog:

I'm 6'05 with a 23" torso. Arc'Teryx makes packs long enough. Some complain they are now made overseas and some complain about being over priced but if you need a quality pack they make good gear. I bought a Bora 80 to carry the heay gear for myself and the little lady. Check out Hermit's Hut for good prices and deals.
Linky

As I say, I already have an expedition pack. Looking at their sizing info on their website it would appear that none have enough torso length. If there were somewhere to try one one I would, but I'm loathe to start the buy-and-return circus again unless I see a torso length specification that looks like it will fit.

I'm 6'4" and torso length is like 23.5". Also due to previous injuries I cannot carry much on the shoulders with a pack and need weight transfer to the waistbelt. Just cannot find a smaller size pack that is tall enough for the shoulder strap lift tabs to be snug without putting all the pack weight on the shoulders. Probably looking for something in the neighborhood of 40L.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 7:14:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/27/2010 7:15:53 PM EDT by zirkdog]
Originally Posted By zirkdog:

Linky

As I say, I already have an expedition pack. Looking at their sizing info on their website it would appear that none have enough torso length. If there were somewhere to try one one I would, but I'm loathe to start the buy-and-return circus again unless I see a torso length specification that looks like it will fit.

I'm 6'4" and torso length is like 23.5". Also due to previous injuries I cannot carry much on the shoulders with a pack and need weight transfer to the waistbelt. Just cannot find a smaller size pack that is tall enough for the shoulder strap lift tabs to be snug without putting all the pack weight on the shoulders. Probably looking for something in the neighborhood of 40L.

Sorry for missing the details. For day use stuff, I wear a Kelty Redwing 2900 (current model is the 3100, roughly 50L). Never taken it for longer than day hike stuff. For short hikes I've never had to worrry about wear and tear on my neck, shoulders, or back. It doesn't fit me "by the numbers" (torso size only goes to 22" i think) but mine suits me well enough for short day hike use. Load one up at an REI and wear it around the store for an hour while you pretend to shop and look at other stuff. YMMV.
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 2:09:09 AM EDT
are you a true 23....as in it was measured correctly?
Most rucks stop along that 22 inch line.
As said.online ayrtex, orspery,golite are all rumored to have a 23+ inch ruck.
Problem is cost vs size etc.

if its a wieght issue , your gonna be under what> 30 lbs?

i doubt you;d feel the difference between a 22/22.5 inch pack and the 23.

yymmv, 2 cents and all the jazz.

Top Top