Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/10/2011 4:40:02 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 5:00:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 6:13:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I like that.  Price is right so it goes on the list!
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 7:20:22 AM EDT
[#3]
So all that these things do is record the incoming audio, wait a short time, then shoot it back out using ptt inputs?

Edit: can you use splits with it?

Link Posted: 8/11/2011 7:39:21 AM EDT
[#4]
https://www.argentdata.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=27&products_id=98

Check that one out too. I bought it. Has a boat load of features.

-Foxxz

Link Posted: 8/11/2011 7:43:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Looks like a helpful tool.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 12:53:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
So all that these things do is record the incoming audio, wait a short time, then shoot it back out using ptt inputs?
Edit: can you use splits with it?

That's it.
Trade off is that it doubles the time for comms, but is so cheap.
A couple of buddies of mine and I fly high altitude weather balloons (HAB) and one of them bought one of the Argent ones hoping to fly it.
Should make 2m comms on that freq available over a radius of close to 400 miles from close to 100,000 feet.
Fairly common thing for HABers to do, we just haven't done it yet.
If you would like to see some cool pics from some of our flights, check out NIXHAB.

I don't know about splits, but think it wouldn't do any good as it still records and then plays.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 10:00:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Neat idea, MURS frequencies with a high antenna at a hunting camp would work great.

Bill

Just remembering for future use.  
Transmitter/bunny hunts maybe?
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 8:28:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Neat idea, MURS frequencies with a high antenna at a hunting camp would work great.

Bill

Just remembering for future use.  
Transmitter/bunny hunts maybe?

Not allowed om murs
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top