Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/29/2009 5:19:59 PM EDT
Ok, here's the story.  I was out yard sale-ing with the wife and I came across two propane tanks that were full.  Thing is these tanks belonged on one of the floor cleaning machine things.  Problem is the connection on these tanks won't fit my burner I use for deep frying.  Does anyone know where I could find adapters for this?
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 5:31:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Ok, here's the story.  I was out yard sale-ing with the wife and I came across two propane tanks that were full.  Thing is these tanks belonged on one of the floor cleaning machine things.  Problem is the connection on these tanks won't fit my burner I use for deep frying.  Does anyone know where I could find adapters for this?

You've got more problems then just getting the valves to match.  Those tanks are probably setup to draw liquid propane not gaseous propane like your fry burner needs.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 6:07:20 PM EDT
[#2]
As Westmanm implied; Compressed Explosive Gases are not to be taken lightly!! I don't know about the tanks and equip you speak of but you can get advice from your local propane supplier, check your yellow pages. I have a variety of small propane tanks and two large tanks that I fill from. I have a propane tractor, several stoves/burners, and getting my generator converted to propane. My local supplier has provided information, service, and parts. The connections threads on propane are reversed to standard threaded connections.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 7:30:59 PM EDT
[#3]
If nothing else, pop a road flare and shoot it from 100 yd away.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 7:31:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Take it to Walgreens and swap them out.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 7:52:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

If you can find a valve for it, have the propane feed a hopper of sawdust or non-dairy creamer powder with a lit flare stuck inside, rigged with a valve so that it dumps maximum propane while blasting the particulate into the air.. bet that would be win.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 3:40:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you can find a valve for it, have the propane feed a hopper of sawdust or non-dairy creamer powder with a lit flare stuck inside, rigged with a valve so that it dumps maximum propane while blasting the particulate into the air.. bet that would be win.

Make sure you say "hey bubba, watch this!"

Link Posted: 4/30/2009 5:20:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Make sure you say "hey bubba, watch this!"

As fun as those sound (by the way I have done the dry ice plastic bottle thing ) I think I will pass.  I may go to the propane place on the other side of town and see what they can hook me up with.  Thanks for the info.

Link Posted: 4/30/2009 6:19:04 AM EDT
[#8]
If I'm not mistaken, LP tanks like that bring quite a bit more than LP Gas tanks for a grill. I would look at selling those and looking for my LP Gas tanks like you need.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 8:06:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You've got more problems then just getting the valves to match.  Those tanks are probably setup to draw liquid propane not gaseous propane like your fry burner needs.

they are basically miniature forklift tanks....liquid fuel delivery= BAD KABOOM on your Weber......
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top