Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/1/2014 6:25:40 PM EDT
I have the EchoLink software installed on Wind 8, attempt to change callsign to <callsign>-L per instructions.  Can't log in, callsign not verified.

I'll keep researching, pending solution from you folks, but if anyone has wrassled this bear before and knows how to kill it, please feel free to advise me.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 7:33:36 PM EDT
[#1]
For the FRIDAY NIGHT ARFCOM IRLP / Echolink Net, I usually come in on the IRLP side.  But, primarily to see the text chat box (Where a LOT of hilarious comments are made) I run Echolink also.  I've never used anything but my callsign - First Name - Arfcom Screen Name on the net.  I've seen the -L for Links, and -R for Repeaters, but am unclear when and why they should be used.  Since it works, I'd just use your callsign for now until someone comes up with a better answer.  
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 8:05:36 PM EDT
[#2]
It won't let me setup SysOp mode just using my callsign.  It says I have to have the -L for a link or -R for a repeater.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 8:28:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Did you get your password with "-L" registered with Echolink?
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 8:33:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It won't let me setup SysOp mode just using my callsign.  It says I have to have the -L for a link or -R for a repeater.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

What's the Cliff Notes version of "SysOp" mode?  Not familiar with that one.

I googled it all by myself!  

Sysop Mode

Choose Sysop mode if you have connected (or intend to connect) a transceiver to your PC, in order to make your rig accessible to other EchoLink users connecting over the Internet.  This mode generally requires a special hardware interface between your PC and your transceiver.  For more information, see Interfacing .
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 8:35:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Learned something new again!  Thanks MCSquared!  

Quoted:
Found the answer.  Scroll down to #12 and follow the Validation link, follow the instructions from there.

Pretty counter intuitive, the regular validation link doesn't have that as an option.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 8:46:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Found the answer.  Scroll down to #12 and follow the Validation link, follow the instructions from there.

Pretty counter intuitive, the regular validation link doesn't have that as an option.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 8:47:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

And that's the correct question, no I did not.

Fixed now.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 9:03:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Fixed now.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fixed now.

What are you using as a node?
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 11:51:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Kenwood TM-V71A plugged into my laptop, 25Mb up and down through FiOS

ETA

Will be setting the Kenwood up for crossband repeat and remote control to feed to my Icom 92-AD.  I have a N9TAX about 15' up a tree outside the window of my shack.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top