Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/17/2007 7:57:20 PM EDT
www.waterbob.com/

found on another site.

Would be great for costal folks when the time for SHTF is pretty well known in advance.

Heads up.

Aside,
I wonder if we had a sticky for cool products/links that we find.  I hate starting a new topic on every cool thing I see, but then I want to pass it on to some that may find it just the thing they need.
Link Posted: 5/17/2007 8:07:16 PM EDT
[#1]
You know that is not only the most unusual thing I've seen in awhile, but it is kinda cool as well.
Link Posted: 5/17/2007 8:08:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Very good idea!
Link Posted: 5/17/2007 8:22:42 PM EDT
[#3]
next pay check i'm ordering one, hell maybe even two. I mean think of the potential here. Hypothetically, if you are traveling on vacation, your supplies are home, and you are miles away when a disaster strikes. I'm sure these things don't take up much space when empty, so you pull it out of your suitcase and you suddenly have 100 gals of water in your hotel tub. That was the first thing that popped into my mind (but then I used to travel on a monthly basis).
Link Posted: 5/17/2007 9:27:40 PM EDT
[#4]
That is a slick idea , but in the picture it look like the fill cap is in
the wrong spot to make it easy to fill from the tub spout ?

Of course for $25 I'll have to buy one anyway  .

ETA

Upon further looking , it comes with a fill adapter
Link Posted: 5/17/2007 10:16:03 PM EDT
[#5]
really neat, I'll grab 2 & see if they work.
Link Posted: 5/18/2007 2:33:18 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm sure they are stackable, build a box and stack 2 or 3 of them in teh garage
Link Posted: 5/18/2007 2:40:31 AM EDT
[#7]
now those are pretty damn cool!!!!!!!! wish i had some extra funds  LOL
Link Posted: 5/18/2007 2:43:47 AM EDT
[#8]
That's a great idea -- wish I'd thought of it first.
Link Posted: 5/18/2007 5:19:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Cool, I'll have to pick up a couple of those.

--Scott

Link Posted: 5/18/2007 5:56:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/18/2007 6:18:55 AM EDT
[#11]

Q: Why is it called WaterBOB™?
A: Water is what the liner holds; the BOB is short for “Bathtub Oblong Bladder”.
Link Posted: 5/18/2007 7:40:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Babbling Obtuse Boardmember

Gonna get one ordered today too. Nice compliment to the water jugs and bottled water.

Link Posted: 5/18/2007 7:46:37 AM EDT
[#13]
I did the buy 3 get 1 free deal. Going to give as gifts to family.
Link Posted: 5/18/2007 7:47:49 AM EDT
[#14]
I havent seen one of those before. Im getting one too, dont wanna be left out
Link Posted: 5/18/2007 7:48:59 AM EDT
[#15]
I would love to see one you guys review it after you receive it. Seems like a great idea.
Link Posted: 5/18/2007 7:59:41 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I would love to see one you guys review it after you receive it. Seems like a great idea.

Tag for reviews!
Link Posted: 5/18/2007 8:16:45 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/18/2007 8:28:45 AM EDT
[#18]
In SHTF, I'm using the kid's inflatable pool for my water reservoir.
600 gallons that will fit in the garage (I've already tested it).
$50

Link Posted: 5/18/2007 10:41:20 AM EDT
[#19]
I'll be interested in the reviews too...

I noticed they are marketing it as disposable... to empty it, they say cut the side of it open to drain the water and throw away.

I'd want to test it out before trusting it, so maybe we could figure out a way to dry it out after use... perhaps a wire frame, the same way people use a coat hanger for their Camelbaks?
Link Posted: 5/18/2007 1:26:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/18/2007 2:14:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Cool idea....

fred
Link Posted: 5/18/2007 3:12:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Good idea, I always was going to fill the tub and use for a clean gray water, but this will allow you you to use for drinking.
Link Posted: 5/18/2007 3:32:20 PM EDT
[#23]
cool idea to have a giant tub that is actually deisnged to hold water.   We are usually advised to fill out tubs everytime there is a hurricane.  The only problem is to know when to fill this thing up.  You obviously want to fill it in preparation and not after the city water goes out or bad.  But I can't recall the water ever going out in my neighborhood (even durring several hurrcanes and catostrauphic events).

The hardest part about being prepared is staying prepared.
Link Posted: 5/18/2007 5:46:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Dont know if I like the slit the side to empty it.  I would like to see if they have another way of to empty it
Anyone ever use a small siphon pump.
Link Posted: 5/18/2007 6:13:06 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Dont know if I like the slit the side to empty it.  I would like to see if they have another way of to empty it

I don't think emptying it is the problem; you could probably drain it low enough with the siphon pump that you could lift up the end and drain it out the fill cap.  But after you drain it, how do you dry it out and prevent bacteria growth?  By marketing it as disposable, they limit their liability in case someone tries to reuse it and gets sick from some bug that set up shop in there while it was stored wet.
Link Posted: 5/20/2007 1:33:18 PM EDT
[#26]
To empty one might be able to buy a remote fuel pump and a car battery or a 110 to 12v inverter and pump away.  I think the pump looks kinda cheesy, and I think you could rig a better one from Harbor Frieght.
Link Posted: 5/22/2007 6:24:52 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't think emptying it is the problem; you could probably drain it low enough with the siphon pump that you could lift up the end and drain it out the fill cap.  But after you drain it, how do you dry it out and prevent bacteria growth?  

Bleach?
I gotta say tho, that at 25 bux a pop, I'd just run a razor blade down the side and be done with it.
How often are you going to use this thing that that'll be a problem?
How much do the blue plastic water bbls cost?
Link Posted: 5/23/2007 11:12:38 AM EDT
[#28]
Thanks for the nice review

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't think emptying it is the problem; you could probably drain it low enough with the siphon pump that you could lift up the end and drain it out the fill cap.  But after you drain it, how do you dry it out and prevent bacteria growth?  

Bleach?
I gotta say tho, that at 25 bux a pop, I'd just run a razor blade down the side and be done with it.
How often are you going to use this thing that that'll be a problem?
How much do the blue plastic water bbls cost?

About $90 here:

beprepared.com/product.asp_Q_pn_E_WS%20B700_A_name_E_Water%20Barrel%20-%2055%20Gallon%20Drum
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 3:15:17 PM EDT
[#29]
has anyone recieved theirs yet? any reviews?
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 4:44:08 PM EDT
[#30]
Nice review here Waterbob review
Link Posted: 6/19/2007 9:54:59 AM EDT
[#31]
Thes are good, I have 4 myself, but they are not a replacement for permananty water storeage durms, b/c when a disaster looms, everyone will be fillinng up their bath tubs etc and you will have a trickle of water pressure.  That is of course assuming that there is any water service at all.  Chances are pretty good that you'll have the opportunity to fill this up, but maybe not so buy some water storage drums.  

Look at the other post that is the review.  
Link Posted: 6/19/2007 9:56:25 AM EDT
[#32]
Thes are good, I have 4 myself, but they are not a replacement for permananty water storeage durms, b/c when a disaster looms, everyone will be fillinng up their bath tubs etc and you will have a trickle of water pressure.  That is of course assuming that there is any water service at all.  Chances are pretty good that you'll have the opportunity to fill this up, but maybe not so buy some water storage drums.  

Link Posted: 6/19/2007 9:57:37 AM EDT
[#33]

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top