Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 9/28/2007 11:23:18 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/28/2007 11:23:48 AM EST by testedone]
Was listening the radio last night and a guy was on last name of Palmer who wrote a book called the day of Islam.

He mentioned having Potassium Iodine on hand for Nuke attacks.

Why & is this just an over the counter thing.

The way this guy spoke of the enemies nuke capabilities already in this country both dirty and explosive made me want to get NBC suits for the whole family (Wal-Mart doesn't stock those do they?)

Link Posted: 9/28/2007 11:27:29 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/28/2007 11:28:23 AM EST by Loaded_For_Bear]
Google it. It's very inexpensive. Keep a bottle on hand, especially if you live near a nuke plant.
Link Posted: 9/28/2007 12:46:36 PM EST

Originally Posted By Loaded_For_Bear:
Google it. It's very inexpensive. Keep a bottle on hand, especially if you live near a nuke plant.

good shortterm,,, stuff,,not for the long term use.....

best bet... dont be near where youll get a sunburn
Link Posted: 9/28/2007 3:22:31 PM EST
It is Potassium Iodide (KI) or Potassium Iodate (KI03?). I have some of both. If you want enough for several thousand doses cheap, look at E-nesco for KI (chemistry sets, chemicals, etc.). Just make sure you have the recipe for the doses.

Or you can go easier and get the pills. As previous poster said, google it and there are a number of sites selling the pills.
Link Posted: 9/29/2007 3:12:17 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/29/2007 3:14:31 AM EST by brasidas]
This site is loaded with information, and they sell the pills:
www.ki4u.com/
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 7:34:49 AM EST
The survivalist stores have about a 300% or more mark up. The best price I found was on LifeExtension.com

Link Posted: 10/10/2007 9:05:44 AM EST
Thanks for the link I just picked some up. I live a little over 5 miles away from a Nucler Plant. If I'm not incinerated instantly I will eat some pills and hunker down in my makeshift radiation shelter made out of cardboard boxes lined with garbage bags full of water.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 9:09:33 AM EST

Originally Posted By Perfectforce:
Thanks for the link I just picked some up. I live a little over 5 miles away from a Nucler Plant. If I'm not incinerated instantly I will eat some pills and hunker down in my makeshift radiation shelter made out of cardboard boxes lined with garbage bags full of water.

I figured it was pretty cheap doesn't spoil and why not get some. At those prices I picked up extra so the BOB/Cars has it and also have it at home. Which if something DID happen and I had all my stash I could help out friends.
Top Top