Posted: 10/9/2008 2:19:51 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/9/2008 9:12:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/9/2008 3:58:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I think I just threw up in my mouth a little
Link Posted: 10/9/2008 4:07:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Ya know, I used to be able to do stuff like this.  

Not any more.  I've grown weak.

It's the shaving I think.  Ew.
I used to be around when my grandfather killed hogs.  I helped make sausage (my grandmother canned the best sausage EVAH.)  She even made her own souse  (sous)???? meat.  I liked it.  It was good.  Now, even the thought of eating pigs feet bothers me a bit.  I just don't think I could scrub enough to get it "clean".  All in the mind I know, but as I said....weak.  

I can still skin stuff and field dress a deer though.
Link Posted: 10/9/2008 4:45:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/9/2008 7:18:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Man I waited all day long to get home and watch this (work blocks youtube), I seriously thought it was going to be some sort of head cheese thing. Not what I expected, and not bad. Guess I will need to give it a try. I have knownly ate dog before (at a  traditional tongan luau), so how much different can pig head be? Actually thinking back on it, I am sure I at some head then!!! It was actually fun, a friend (obviously tongan) had a family get together, he let a 150-200lb pot belly pig loose in his fenced yard, 5 big ol tongans and the little german me go after it. When he went to stick the heart he missed and got the lung, it then kicked itself loose and ran around screaming with a good sized knife hanging from its chest.... now, if you were there, you would SWEAR TO HIGH HEAVENS it sounds liked a little boy screaming. The neighbors were drawn out to it, and the cops even showed up. Then we torched and scrapped the pig, cleaned it out and dug a pit. The dog came next. I must admit.... it was not bad at all. Fried bananas, and some sort of weird non spicy "chili" (thats about the only way I can explain it) in spinach leaf. God was it good. Also fun to assist in another nations celebration. In the beginning and end I was the only white guy around. But I have been in that situation several times so....
Link Posted: 10/11/2008 3:46:38 AM EDT
[#6]
pretty interesting.... gotta find myself some pigs head and try it ....
Link Posted: 10/11/2008 8:22:47 PM EDT
[#7]
The thing that ruined it for me was teh whole "cleaning out the ears" bit. I think I would try it if you cut out the ear hole.

Link Posted: 10/15/2008 4:15:13 PM EDT
[#8]

When I was in culinary school, the chef asked if there were any vegetarians. A few raised their hands.

He then pulled out a whole cooked hog's head. It was staring at us with steam pluming out of it's nostrils.

He started shaving the meat right off the face and handing it out, to the horror of the vegetarians.

Tasted just like ham. ( no suprise there )

Link Posted: 10/16/2008 7:51:03 PM EDT
[#9]
For you pork and beef chorizo fans:

Here are the ingredients from the pork chorizo that I brought home from the grocery store recently - Pork salivary glands, lymph nodes & fat (cheeks), paprika, soy flour, vinegar, salt, spices red pepper, garlic, sodium nitrate.

I already eat this stuff and haven't thought twice about it.  I just have to make sure that when I make chorizo and eggs, I only use 100% organic, free range eggs.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 7:06:03 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
When I was in culinary school, the chef asked if there were any vegetarians. A few raised their hands.

He then pulled out a whole cooked hog's head. It was staring at us with steam pluming out of it's nostrils.

He started shaving the meat right off the face and handing it out, to the horror of the vegetarians.

Tasted just like ham. ( no suprise there )

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top