Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/25/2009 11:17:01 AM EDT
Im looking to pick up a spool of paracord.  Who has good prices on this item?
Anything special to look for in paracord or is it all pretty generic?
I also want to pick up a hand crank powered radio with AM/FM & weather & emergency bands.   Who makes a good one?  I dont want to buy junk, I want something I can count on.  Oregon Scientific has been recomended to me.  Anyone have expierience with their products?
All input appreciated, thanks.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 12:36:33 PM EDT
[#1]
the weather radio we keep in our bedroom is made by Eton, and I love it...  it has a cell phone charger, flashlight and strobe in addition to the radio, and is hand-crank.  I have this one.  we also have a B&D model in the safe room: storm station  it has done exactly what we needed it to, so I can't complain about it, either...

and we just got some 550 cord in from LA Police Gear - you can find various links here: click me.

I've heard Oregon Scientific makes good stuff, but I don't have any experience with it.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 1:00:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the links. Looks like some good gear there.  Im trying to update my supplys, JIC.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 2:35:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Thanks for the links. Looks like some good gear there.  Im trying to update my supplys, JIC.

that's important to do...  hopefully you'll get more feedback in here regarding the other brands, so you can be sure you're getting quality stuff...
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 2:49:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Iget 1000' of p-cord when I buy.I get it from CTD.40.00 is cheaper than 80
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 2:56:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 4:46:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Freeplay radios are the yardstick by which all other crank radios are judged.

Expensive as hell, but IMHO would be worth twice the price.
Radio

Mine cost more than that 9 years ago.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top