Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 11/19/2008 8:53:03 AM EDT
The backpacking magazines rave over these things. Anyone here tried one? I'm thinking it might be a good, lightweight addition to the BOB.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 5:19:23 PM EDT
Originally Posted By ThePatriot556:
The backpacking magazines rave over these things. Anyone here tried one? I'm thinking it might be a good, lightweight addition to the BOB.

I don't have or have used them but I do have two Slumber Jack 10 degree bags that are super light. They have lots of nice features many others don't that cost twice as much. One of the coolest features is the foot area is shaped like a trapezoid so when you sleep on your back it doesn't feel like you're tied up at the ankles (extra room for straight up feet).
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 5:38:01 PM EDT
price seems reasonable.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 7:06:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/19/2008 7:10:08 PM EDT by Airforcewes]
I got one in my BOB, they are sick. Rated for 55 Deg F and wicked small. Mine is rolled up in its sack and fits in my side compartment, seriously...get one. You won't regret it. Later.

- Wes

*EDIT* Forgot to mention that they make an awesome liner for a real sleeping bag as well
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 9:11:46 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Airforcewes:
I got one in my BOB, they are sick. Rated for 55 Deg F and wicked small. Mine is rolled up in its sack and fits in my side compartment, seriously...get one. You won't regret it. Later.

- Wes

*EDIT* Forgot to mention that they make an awesome liner for a real sleeping bag as well

Thanks, I'll give one a try.

Link Posted: 11/20/2008 9:36:55 AM EDT
I bought one, but I've never used it. I've been carrying it as an emergency bag or a cover for a flannel bag, but I haven't been cold enough to need the 'extra'.
Top Top