Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/19/2008 8:53:03 AM EDT
The backpacking magazines rave over these things.  Anyone here tried one?  I'm thinking it might be a good, lightweight addition to the BOB.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 5:19:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
The backpacking magazines rave over these things.  Anyone here tried one?  I'm thinking it might be a good, lightweight addition to the BOB.

I don't have or have used them but I do have two Slumber Jack 10 degree bags that are super light. They have lots of nice features many others don't that cost twice as much. One of the coolest features is the foot area is shaped like a trapezoid so when you sleep on your back it doesn't feel like you're tied up at the ankles (extra room for straight up feet).
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 5:38:01 PM EDT
[#2]
price seems reasonable.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 7:06:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I got one in my BOB, they are sick. Rated for 55 Deg F and wicked small. Mine is rolled up in its sack and fits in my side compartment, seriously...get one.  You won't regret it. Later.

- Wes

*EDIT* Forgot to mention that they make an awesome liner for a real sleeping bag as well
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 9:11:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I got one in my BOB, they are sick. Rated for 55 Deg F and wicked small. Mine is rolled up in its sack and fits in my side compartment, seriously...get one.  You won't regret it. Later.

- Wes

*EDIT* Forgot to mention that they make an awesome liner for a real sleeping bag as well

Thanks, I'll give one a try.

Link Posted: 11/20/2008 9:36:55 AM EDT
[#5]
I bought one, but I've never used it.  I've been carrying it as an emergency bag or a cover for a flannel bag, but I haven't been cold enough to need the 'extra'.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top