Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 1/17/2015 10:29:50 AM EST
KA9--- on 17 meters portable with the KX3 and buddistick HFpack 18.1575. Won't be here by the computer.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 10:54:55 AM EST
[Last Edit: 1/17/2015 10:59:20 AM EST by RedHotChiliPepper]
Sounds like a W3 got your Kilo.

ETA: I couldn't hear you.

ETA2: Is that LiDAR on your bike?
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 11:30:41 AM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By RedHotChiliPepper:
Sounds like a W3 got your Kilo.

View Quote
ETA: I couldn't hear you.

ETA2: Is that LiDAR on your bike?
W3FF is Budd who the buddipole is named after. I was working him and some others. He was running a big quad antenna from California. I gave up and came back in because a YK5 came on on 18.156 and the pileup that he attracted was making a mess for me. Worked 6 different stations in CA, ND, FL, SC, TX and Mexico.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 11:49:43 AM EST
I was on from 1515z till 1625z
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 12:04:33 PM EST
Darn it...missed you! Haven't gotten on the air today, yet. Will be on later today, though, if you are going to try it again.

I worked Budd a couple of years ago when he was in Barbados. He's an Elecraft fan. Check out the note he left me on the back of his QSL card.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 12:16:50 PM EST
[Last Edit: 1/17/2015 12:18:03 PM EST by km]
Originally Posted By Kekoa:
Darn it...missed you! Haven't gotten on the air today, yet. Will be on later today, though, if you are going to try it again.

I worked Budd a couple of years ago when he was in Barbados. He's an Elecraft fan. Check out the note he left me on the back of his QSL card.
http://www.pbase.com/david_3/image/158844397/original.jpg
View Quote
KB9AVO on that card is my neighbor. I have never worked them while using more than 10 watts and have always done it portable. A couple years ago Budd loaned me his bicycle mobile antenna for the forum at Dayton. It was a nice antenna but not one they have available for sale. The pileup that guy in Syria created made me give up. I will be out portable next Saturday for the SPAR winter field day. I would encourage a lot of you to get on then and give it a try. Noon Saturday till noon Sunday EST. 1700z Jan 24 to 1700z Jan 25 http://www.spar-hams.org/contests/winterfd/index.php
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 12:17:37 PM EST
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 8:55:14 PM EST
View Quote

What's the matter with your grass? I think you might have grub worms.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 9:00:42 PM EST
I think we talked, but it didn't get logged. I thought I had it on my phone, but apparently not.

I was the KG7 station southwest of Vegas working portable - I was having a bit of a tough time copying.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 9:28:06 PM EST
Originally Posted By ricklaut:
I think we talked, but it didn't get logged. I thought I had it on my phone, but apparently not.

I was the KG7 station southwest of Vegas working portable - I was having a bit of a tough time copying.
View Quote
i don't have a KG7 in the log. There were some others on too that I wasn't able to copy. You may have worked one of the others. I didn't work anyone in NV but I do think I heard someone work you but don't remember who it was.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 9:29:19 PM EST

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Got warm enough this afternoon that we lost a lot of that white stuff.
Top Top