Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/1/2013 5:08:56 PM EDT
Good evening fellas,
I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the Nikon scopes packaged with Savage rifles these days.  I have never used a Nikon product, but I see more and more people are giving them the green-light.  

I am thinking about buying a Savage 110 combo and as always, I turn to you arfcom for guidance and advice.
Link Posted: 11/1/2013 5:12:00 PM EDT
[#1]
the Nikon prostaffs that come on these are very good scopes,, not quite leupold vx-1 but far better than simmons, most bushnell  tasco, etc
Link Posted: 11/1/2013 5:14:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
the Nikon prostaffs that come on these are very good scopes,, not quite leupold vx-1 but far better than simmons, most bushnell  tasco, etc
View Quote

I'm not trying to be cute and start crap, but why what makes the difference between the Nikon and a leupold VX1?
Link Posted: 11/1/2013 5:28:11 PM EDT
[#3]

I have the Nikon BDC on a Savage FCP-K. Wasn't a package until I put them together.

I'm happy with the setup.
Link Posted: 11/2/2013 7:54:19 AM EDT
[#4]
I bought a savage 110 in .30-.06 and put a Nikon Pro Staff BDC scope on it before they came out with the package.  
I really like mine.
Link Posted: 11/2/2013 8:43:31 AM EDT
[#5]
I've found that the Nikon Prostaff offerings are very nice scopes for the money. Nikon's SPOT ON ballistic calculating software website is also pretty helpful.
Link Posted: 11/2/2013 10:12:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Personally I'd  take the pro staff anyday over the lupy vx1 and I have a few times lol
Link Posted: 11/2/2013 9:51:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've found that the Nikon Prostaff offerings are very nice scopes for the money. Nikon's SPOT ON ballistic calculating software website is also pretty helpful.
View Quote

I agree with this.   I also have a Leopold scope and it is a step better but cost 2x as much.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top