Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/6/2012 7:48:39 PM EST
Looking for a recommendation on a good sling for my wife's and my AR's. Both are M4 style. Looking for a good sling that will allow us to comfortable carry and use our rifle while carrying out backpacks and gear in-case we have to bug out by foot. Right now I have single point slings on both, and they suck for this purpose.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 7:58:45 PM EST
I like the Vickers or Gear Sector two point slings for this.

Vickers Blue Force Gear

Gear Sector

Jim
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 8:05:31 PM EST
Viking tactics 2pt sling

Tried most on the market and these are my favorite by far.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 8:45:52 PM EST
Originally Posted By c350z:
Viking tactics 2pt sling

Tried most on the market and these are my favorite by far.

I'll second this....

I've moved through a bunch of slings that are now filling drawers in my gear pile. Three pointers, single pointers. The VTAC Padded 2 point is the most comfortable I've used so far. I ordered it from LaRue and IIRC it came with the QD swivels to boot cheaper than if I had ordered the sling and QDs separately.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 11:37:53 PM EST
Another vote for Vickers.
Due to the price, it's taking me a while to cover all the long guns, but I'm almost there.

They're just simple, and practical.

Shitcanned all the 3-point slings as a result.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 11:38:12 PM EST
I use Gear Force 2 point slings on all of mine. They are comfortable, adjustable, and easily adapt from a 2 point to a one point.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 2:13:18 AM EST
All of our AR's and AK's wear a Vickers 2pt....best thing out there for fast adjustment and comfortable carry, none of the extra crap of a 3pt getting in the way
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 2:48:46 AM EST
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 5:12:21 AM EST
A few folks recommend Savvy Snipers. I think that's what I'm going to try for my first sling.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 5:16:24 AM EST
Vtac 2 pt, acts like a 3 point but wears like a 2. So you don't need to skip rope to get into the thing.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 7:28:54 AM EST
Vtac if you anticipate moving around with the rifle slung on your back or Vickers if you anticipate the need to quickly transition from sholder to sholder

I spend more time with my rifle slung on my back than I do needing to quickly transition. Gutting deer, dragging deer, carrying stuff, etc
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 1:25:31 PM EST
I bought a used V-TAC 2 point at the gun show today. I'll see how both my wife and I like it and go from there.
Top Top