Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 6/17/2016 6:21:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/17/2016 4:41:48 PM EDT by km]
Planning to be at Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore LK02 about 1400-1800z today.

KX2 with 53ft wire and 13ft counterpoise.

80 and 40 meters are open good right not but that will probably change in 4 hours.

NE9**
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 8:09:36 AM EDT
Mode? Frequencies?
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 4:34:09 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Frank_B:
Mode? Frequencies?
View Quote
Sorry, Didn't see this. I messed up and left my key in the truck. Went out on the Dunes Ridge Trail pedestrian mobile using the KX2 and MFJ1899T. Made 3 contacts while walking to a good site then set up with the 53 foot wire and 13 foot counterpoise. Made 51 contacts in 1 hour 28 minutes. If any of you worked me they have been uploaded to LOTW.

PM picture taken after I took the antenna on the 20 ft fishing pole down and was ready for the hike out.

Link Posted: 6/17/2016 5:26:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/17/2016 5:26:31 PM EDT by sturmgewehr762]
I was hoping to get out of work early today to see if we could make contact but, that didn't work out. This weekend I'm going to try out the 53' / 13' wire combo.

In order to view your pictures I have to open in a new browser tab, then chop off the HTTPS:// is that just me?
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 5:32:57 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By sturmgewehr762:
I was hoping to get out of work early today to see if we could make contact but, that didn't work out. This weekend I'm going to try out the 53' / 13' wire combo.

In order to view your pictures I have to open in a new browser tab, then chop off the HTTPS:// is that just me?
View Quote
I don't see an https on the pictures. Posted them the same way I have always posted pictures.

I did have someone on facebook tell me that it was sad that I kept the contacts so short and contest style. I "should have visited a little about the weather, rigs etc."
I guess you can't please everyone. Band was up and down so didn't mess around while it was good.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 7:30:21 AM EDT
Had a guy trolling me on the facebook NPOTA group telling me that it was sad that for a while I was working 3 contacts per minute. So sad that I didn't take time to talk about the weather, their rig, antenna, my rig and antenna and other things. Since it was an SSB activation and not CW I should have taken time to chat with each one. Not sure how serious he was. I think he was just trying to get a reaction. With the QSB if I had done that I would have had a hard time to get the 10 contacts to make it count as an activation.

I did get an interesting QSL card from a Dr in New York. He doesn't work NPOTA to collect any number of contacts, doesn't use LOTW or EQSL. He does like portable operation and wanted to know more about the site I was at and the equipment I was using. His QSL card was a picture of me operating at the park with the QSL information printed on it.
Top Top