Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 6/13/2009 9:03:16 AM EST
[Last Edit: 6/13/2009 11:54:02 AM EST by Wheelie]
You folks probably dont see alot of tents like this so I thought Id share some pics.

The brand is hilleberg and they are out of northern sweden.
Its a four season tent which means not alot of ventilation. Thats ok though as the temps arent terrible here
in wisconsin during the summer. Akto means alone in sami.

weight - 3 lbs 5 oz
inner height 36"
floor area 18.3 sq ft
vestibule 8.6

Its made out of a fabric called kerlon. Its very, and I cant stress this enough, tear and water resistant.

Its a one pole design and is easy to set up. Just put in the pole, stake the four corners, put up your guy lines, tighten and your done.
What else is nice is the inner tent is connected to the outer which means no water in your tent if you have to pitch in the rain.
You can put up just the outer too if you wish. I do have some snow stakes for use in the winter or on loose ground, sand ect.

Link Posted: 6/13/2009 9:52:37 AM EST
[Last Edit: 6/13/2009 9:54:05 AM EST by M60forever]
Nice tent. What do they run $? I would love to find a tent like that under $100 bucks.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 10:03:30 AM EST
[Last Edit: 6/13/2009 10:22:13 AM EST by Wheelie]
edit, i paid 385 for it. Within the last year they bumped the price to 420.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 11:43:14 AM EST
I like the fact that it has an area to store your gear out of the elements, but doesn't take space away for sleeping. Nice. What size is it when packed?
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 11:51:31 AM EST
Full size usp for comparison. Itll squish down even further if you stuff it inside a backpack.

Link Posted: 6/13/2009 3:03:31 PM EST
Sweet tent...does it have any mosquito netting? Just couldn't see it if it did...

BTW, I have their Bivanorak in one of my kits...they make some quality stuff.

ROCK6
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 3:13:37 PM EST
Originally Posted By ROCK6:
Sweet tent...does it have any mosquito netting? Just couldn't see it if it did...

BTW, I have their Bivanorak in one of my kits...they make some quality stuff.

ROCK6

The only netting is on the door on the inner tent. You can see it on the
second to last pic.

I do wish the vents on the end of the tent had bug netting on them. I was on a
motorcycle trip last year and they let alot of mosquitos into the vestibule area.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 3:23:43 PM EST
Originally Posted By Wheelie:

Full size usp for comparison. It`ll squish down even further if you stuff it inside a backpack.

Does that include the dog too?
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 3:28:05 PM EST
The only netting is on the door on the inner tent. You can see it on the
second to last pic.

I do wish the vents on the end of the tent had bug netting on them. I was on a
motorcycle trip last year and they let alot of mosquitos into the vestibule area.

Well, it's a 4 season tent where it excels is in the coldest of the seasons...not too many mosquitos around then For the backpacking/bug-out-bag, this would be a great seasonal rotation with one of those small, all net, light-weight tents. Actually the weight of this one is pretty darn good!

ROCK6
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 1:21:41 PM EST
Very nice.

Do you have to guy it out that much for it to stand?

Small, light, big vestibule, not terribly claustrophobic (for a tent that size)... sounds great for cold weather gear.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 2:49:26 PM EST
Probably not, but it puts less stress on the corner poles this way.

Im now curious how short I can go with them. Ill set it up again tomorrow and find out.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 4:41:07 AM EST
[Last Edit: 6/16/2009 8:02:23 AM EST by ljh824]
Full size usp for comparison. Itll squish down even further if you stuff it inside a backpack.

http://i667.photobucket.com/albums/vv31/Arfcomfuknrules/tent11.jpg

Damn, that is small. Not bad at all. My comparable tent is twice that size when packed. Thanks for taking the pic.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 8:25:43 PM EST
very cool. a little rich for my blood. but very nice none the less.
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 12:26:12 AM EST
One of my hiking buddies uses the akto, he LOVES IT!!! He has been using it for the last 5 years I have been hiking with him. He has told me some stories of what he has been through in that tent, rain, sidways rain, snow, lots of snow and such.
Top Top