Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
6/25/2018 7:04:05 PM
Posted: 5/5/2018 8:46:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/5/2018 9:07:23 AM EDT by rfox]
Recently i decided i needed a cheap, AWD vehicle to take on my camping excursions and i found this low mileage AWD 2005 Rendezvous for $4500. It has the tow package and an accessory air pump for inflating air matresses and stuff. Perfect. I took it to Spruce Knob last weekend.

I was aware that the Pontiac Aztek and the Buick are twins, built off of the same architecture and i was also aware that the Aztek had an optional tent you could buy. I decided i would see if i could buy the tent, and fit it to the Buick, but good luck finding one of those tents. Then I remembered that i had an old Wertzel 4 man tent just sitting in my garage. If i cut the tub floor out of it, would it fit and look OK or would it look like shit? So today, i made an extension to the floor that fits perfectly inside of the buick and i carpetted it. This gives me 78 inches of flat floor length so i can stretch out.

When i get to work monday ill make a support for it that will tie into the trailer hitch so there wont be a need for the saw horse im using now.

Anyway, i think it turned out looking pretty good, whatcha think?

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Without the saw horses

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/5/2018 9:22:06 AM EDT
Pretty cool. How would it hold up to wind and rain?
Link Posted: 5/5/2018 10:14:12 AM EDT
Good on you op for actually thinking a problem thru.
Link Posted: 5/5/2018 10:29:18 AM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ruger556boy:
Pretty cool. How would it hold up to wind and rain?
View Quote
Good question that i dont know the answer to. I do still have the rainfly but its inside of my pop up which is stored on a lot in town. I assume, with the rainfly thrown over it, it will be ok with rain. Wind. Well, when i make the trailer hitch support frame, ill need to figure out a way to secure my extension platform to it so the platform basically becomes part of the car.

I may use this in june because the family is going camping and my 14 yr old son hates sleeping with the rest of the family. So he may give this a shot. Or i may just have to try it myself.
Link Posted: 5/5/2018 10:29:32 AM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Traderjac:
Good on you op for actually thinking a problem thru.
View Quote
Thanks
Top Top